All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Thinly veiled my arse :sunglasses:

3 Likes

King Fucking Lear :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair oul swipe at a few local sacred cows, including a not so thinly veiled swipe at Patsys dad Phil ā€œFluffā€ Fanning who is the local scribe who writes for the News and Star who has gone very quiet in the last few months. Also a big swipe in the direction of Mount Sion though Flannery is a prize flute. Taking on Ken at the moment though is not a good idea.

1 Like

No love lost there whatsoever. Honanā€™s career cut short at 27 due to hip injuries which he very much lays at the door of Davyā€™s training regime. Canā€™t even play club hurling and has had stem cell treatment and is looking at hip replacement in the not too distant future.

He went to Pat Fitz with a bill for medical expenses from the winter where he had to retire and was pretty much told to fuck off as he was no longer part of the panel.

7 Likes

Serious ooooffft territory

Mannion is a talented hurler and can strike a ball as naturally as Canning but unfortunately he is also windy. The only consistency in Mannionā€™s performances have been in All-Ireland finals. Mark him tight and he goes missing. What happened on Sunday is a microcosm of Mannionā€™s career to date, class the first half but barely hit a ball in the second. Strange that Cody waited until he had 6 points scored before doing anything about it.

1 Like

More King Lir

Yeah, I enjoyed that nuanced jibe at Phil Fanning without even mentioning him by name. Derek insists upon himself quite a bit though.

Thereā€™s lads like Darach Honan who seemingly think Davy Fitzgerald is still managing Clare and dictating how they play.

1 Like

That is some ā€œGolden Cleric Awardā€ speech right there. He certainly has some ego about himself anyway. Going on about how great he was and all the stats in his tenure and successes.

However, whilst he may be right about the whole culture and set up of Waterford GAA as a whole, the manager of the team last year having such a cut at players and management and others around them is hardly doing any good for Waterford. If McGrath has concerns for Waterford and what it should be doing, would he not be better served trying to get things implemented at the right level, not using national media to have backhanded swipes at them all. All that will serve to do is to close ranks and divide the county.

1 Like

I only skimmed through that - he talks about Waterford embracing the future and new ways of operating on one hand, and then insists on keeping older players on board on the other ā€¦

It strikes me that the cult of personality seems to be king currently in Waterford hurling -whether it be Derek himself, Ozzy, Brick, Fanning ā€¦

McGrath would want to cop on.

I used to like his analysis but everything heā€™s written or said recently is self-serving, pushing an agenda. He seems to be very insecure about the style of hurling he played and canā€™t seem to discuss anything without referencing it.

3 Likes

Derek is an English teacher. He knows what heā€™s talking about when it comes to Shakespeare.

1 Like

Good Jaysus :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

@anon70480284 silence is deafening

1 Like

He happens to be quite a mediocre English teacher.

4 Likes

That sounds suspiciously like a populist barstool jibe. Have you ever been inside Derekā€™s classroom?

What a cunt.

The more I hear from him the less I like him

No but I know a fellow who has.

4 Likes

ā€œUnhappy that I am, I cannot heave My heart into my mouthā€

Shakespeare - King Lear.