All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

It took that great Kilkenny team to be decimated by injuries to be beaten by Tipp in 2010. A massive asterisk alongside that one. Poor John Tennyson hobbling around on one knee at 6.

1 Like

2010* isn’t the subject of this thread.

It took one of the worst refereeing decisions of all time for Kilkenny to get over the line in 2009.

Now thats an astericks.

It doesnt sit well in Kilkenny but whenever the Tipp lads werent drinking, fighting or going off with each others girlfriends, they always had Kilkenny’s number fairly comfortably.

Not at all, Tipp played well enough but Kilkenny were just too good for a finish.

I spotted your twitter post the other day paying homage to your buddy Big Rob.

I saw that too.

Great to see Big Rob get the adulation from a wider audience. The comments underneath it made me chuckle.

Enjoy the league. Ye know what’s coming

It’s a tough decision for some lads.

They don’t know whether to fully commit to having a pop at Limerick, how far over their shoulder to look back before considering a pop or if they do commit, how far should they go, knowing the eggs will be well rotted by July.

Just go for it. We’ll respect you more.

3 Likes

On what they did in 16’ when past prime along with fiddling one in 19’ when shot; they were potentially as good I’d agree. Stunning array of talent.

Sheedy shouldn’t have left in 2010 and should’ve gone after 19.

2 Likes

13 year ago. Tipp are a long way from that level now.

They’ll never be remembered. Sandwiched between the two greatest teams of all time, Kilkenny and Limerick. Still, there will always be the great drinking sessions and girlfriend swapping. No one can take that from them.

1 Like

It’s the year of the Deise

Did you manage to move from the sofa last night?

2 Likes

They are building depth. And one thing for certain is you won’t win it without depth.

If Limerick don’t do the 3-in-a-row, 4-in-5, I’d love to see Waterford climb the mountain.

That would be great for hurling in all fairness.

I’ve never heard bile and abuse quite like what I heard from Waterford fans towards Limerick players in Croke Park last year during our All Ireland Semi Final.

Fuck them. I hope the cunts never win anything.

If Limerick can’t win it, I hope Putin launches a nuke or the pandemic returns or something and everything is cancelled so nobody can win it.

3 Likes

Toss of a coin between Wexford and Clare if Limerick don’t win it. I’m not sure who’s sicken that rodent Davy Fitz more. I’d love to see that utter cunt seething on the tv.

2 Likes

Great to see the fear in the heart of the Chipp boys.

We never feared them of course. Even on our worst day

3 Likes

Fear in their hearts, beautifully put and summed up there.

Biceps now. That’s the way it’s gone.