All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Was that absolutely necessary?

8 Likes

Placenta?

Utter shite and laughably so. No wonder you are such a fan of Davy Fitz.

Kilkenny beat Tipperary in the championship five times in six seasons, 2009 to 2014 (and factor in league results as well, which badly hurt Tipp). The only loss in those seasons came when Brian Cody made the daftest decision in the history of hurling.

Tipperary won convincingly in 2016 with Michael Fennelly injured. They won more than convincingly against 14 men in 2019. Nothing to be huffing about.

That man is trying to rewrite history because he knows if Limerick tag on a few more, that fine Tipp team will largely be forgotten - sandwiched between Kk and Limerick.

1 Like

I don’t think they will be forgotten at all. The team was littered with some excellent hurlers.

On 2009, it’s been done to death but Tipp played to their absolute maximum that day especially in the first half yet KK went in 2 up. Yes, the penalty decision was terrible but Tipp should have had two goals before that and then they weren’t cute enough after the penalty and conceded straight from the puckout. Which killed them off really. Not the Benny Dunne sending off. You’re also going to struggle to win an all ireland bringing Benny Dunner, Willie Ryan and Michael Webster off the bench compared to Mick Fennelly, Martin Comerford and TJ Reid. Compare that to 12 months later where Tipp took their chances and the subs made a more meaningful contribution.

7 Likes

Spot on.

It felt like deja vu at HT in 2010 going in level considering Tipp were well on top.

2009 was a better game but Eoin Kelly & Callinan misses were fatal

I think we can just break it down to whenever Tipp were drinking/fighting etc, Kilkenny used to scrape over the line either after a Replay/ET and/or with the help of the officials.

But when Tipp were tuned in and Kilkenny had an injury, Tipp would win by about 10 points pulling up.

Look, keep making a complete tit of yourself, if so you wish. Off you go.

But the fact of five wins – plus a epochal blunder – in six seasons speaks for itself.

Tipperary, in those seasons, had an excellent team. Kilkenny just happened to possess, as per results, a better one.

1 Like

2010 still really hurts :grinning:

They were all great occasions though. Some proper hurlers were in action. Even the training sessions leading up to the games were a big deal. I think a bit of the apathy now towards Inter County comes from a decision taken around then for counties to lock the gates for training for the most part.

Does not hurt in the slightest. We won four out of the next five All Irelands – and beat Tipp each summer in the next four championships after 2010. There is an argument to say that 2010 cost Kilkenny one All Ireland but won Kilkenny two or three All Irelands they otherwise might not have won.

Peace has long since descended in the county about 2010. But clearly the same cannot be said of Tipperary. So keep making a fool of yourself, if so you wish.

Some of those Tipperary hurlers became all time greats. I have the height of admiration for them. Sound men off the field, too, by and large.

1 Like

So basically when there is a close game to be won more often than not Tipperary are the team to break, well able to twist the knife when a games over though.

1 Like

Hard to believe it’s only 3 weeks until the Merry go round swings into action again.

Saturday, April 16th.

Wexford v Galway 16.30
Westmeath v Kilkenny 18.00
Dublin v Laois 18.30

Sunday, April 17th.

Waterford v Tipp 14.00
Cork v Champions 16.00

Both Sunday’s matches are on RTE, surely RTE or Sky will have the match from Wexford Park the day before too.

2 Likes

2010 was still raw enough in 2013 when the bones of 20,000 drunken hooligans jeered and booed an injured player off but its good to know that time has healed all…

2 Likes

You are an awful fuckin’ eejit. And you know scarce little about anything. The only aspect that lodges in your mind is prominence.

Looking forward to it all starting again. Bank holiday weekend too.
Be able get out of Walsh Park after hopefully beating Tipp and into one of the local pubs for the next game.

1 Like

Sky will be showing the Wexford match. Haven’t seen a full list of televised fixtures yet.

1 Like

You are a very bad debater resorting to those kind of insults.

I could have half of West Limerick after me at times on here but I’m able to just about hold my own, sticking to my guns and playing the ball and not the man. I’d never be calling my fellow TFK’ers fucking eejits or anything like that.

3 Likes

Good post that.

In 09, we were a bit naive, and you’d the likes of Festy firing a rake of wides. The sub options were not good.

The one that got away for me was 2014. By the summer, Tipp were absolutely purring. It’s probably some of the nicest hurling I’ve ever seen Tipp play.

2010 - we’d have bate any Kilkenny team put out there. 11/12 - even though scoreline in 11 doesn’t reflect it, they’d us hammered. 13 - perhaps another one that got away in a weird way. Plenty of good players and if they’d got over their Nowlan Park hoodoo, there was a relatively ‘soft’ All Ireland route.
16 - again, I feel they would have bate any Kilkenny team that year. They were ruthless and workmanlike in equal measures that year. 19 - unexpected and bonus territory. Once Niall O’Meara scored the goal, all my anxieties went away.

In truth, I think the sending offs in 09 and 19 didn’t change what the eventual outcome of the matches would have been, only the amount it was by

3 Likes

Hope to do likewise in reverse, squeezed into Larry Tompkins’ for the first game and then the long walk out for Game 2, a scorcher of a day no doubt.

1 Like

On mature reflection, I withdraw the comment. But I think you need to ask yourself what sort of response you were trying to draw with the original summary, which is wummery, pure and very simple.