All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

FOS ???

Only cockiness or complacency can stop Limerick according to Donal Og Cusack.

I enjoyed Tyrell’s and Derek McGrath’s articles when they first started writing them a year or two ago but both have gotten stale pretty quick. Think i have gotten about two paragraphs into both last few articles and have given up.

I’m kinda the same. I don’t read Derek’s stuff at all. I’d say this is probably Tyrrell’s third or even fourth championship campaign doing them. It smacks of being ghost written by Malachy Clerkin after an amiable phone call between Malachy and Jackie on a Tuesday where the affable Malachy encourages Jackie to draw parallels with other sports and teams of the past. Jackie shites on for a while, with Malachy prompting him and asking things like…would you think it’s fair to say there are similarities between Brian Cody and Bill Belichick? Malachy then goes off and gives it the gridiron intro.

3 Likes

It used to be boxing analogies in GAA articles until the NFL became big here .

1 Like

Old rating.

Dumb rating.

1 Like

That too.

You are indeed.

1 Like

“The bet he’s not even writing that probably a phone call with insert journalist name here heh heh heh”. 2011 era TFK posting. Christ above.

Not sure on Tyrell but it’s fairly common practice for articles like that to be ghost written

1 Like

There’s a lot of failed sports journalists on tfk who are jealous of the likes of Tyrell.

Jesus Christ, second week in a row getting pissy with anyone that doesn’t rave about Jackie Tyrrell’s column. You precious little gimp.

4 Likes

Hackie Hahill made a fortune ghostwriting articles for stupid ex IC players

Ok mate, calm your tits.

Sorry pal. Second Friday of December, I should be making and renewing acquaintances at the Chartered Accountants Ireland (Leinster Society) Christmas Lunch. Not an easy time for any of us.

8 Likes

“If limerick play well they’ll win but if they don’t Waterford will win”

Waterford have to fire on every cylinder to win. That’s the long and the short of it.

1 Like

Are you watching the match on the peninsula or in Waterford?

I’m making an essential journey this evening to Waterford and I will watch the match there. I will leave the bunting up however on my house on the peninsula

1 Like