All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Didn’t Lohan say he could have played in the all Ireland quater final?

I wouldn’t rule out an Aidan McCarthy melt down either from the frees and if he isn’t scoring frees he’s surplus to requirements in my book.

Anyway whether taylor starts or not do you really want Tony Kelly chasing fitzgibbon or Tim o mahony? That’s surely not his game.

I’d be perfectly happy with Tony Kelly matched up with Tim O’Mahoney at midfield.

I wouldn’t :joy:

4 Likes

He’s going to end having to do an awful lot of defending.

A total waste of his talent.

Kelly could do wreck altogether. We don’t have that profile of player who could manmark him out there.

Niall O Leary probably but you don’t want to stop his marauding influence then as well.

NOL will pick up Rodgers, I think.

When has he done wreck at mid field? He’s wasted there particularly against cork who are going to fly forward. He will be asked to do an awful lot of defending at midfield.

I think Joyce would make a half decent fist of it but he is needed elsewhere.

Clare are in an interesting position re Kelly, obviously they would love a big performance from him but with his form and extended absence earlier in the year the team isn’t exactly set up for him. It is Duggan, SOD and Rodgers who make them tick up front at the minute and their performances which are probably more important. If Kelly can up the workrate and possession count it augurs well for Clare but I think Duggan and SODs performances are the ones which will dictate Clare’s performance.

If TK and Fitz chip in with 3/4 points each on top of those we won’t be far off

1 Like

Yes, Joyce will have to take Duggan I would say.

2 Likes

An awful lot of conversation about matchups around the middle third but barely any talk of Cork’s greatest weakness - their full-back line. They’re very good players but are prone to coughing it up and there could be serious joy for Clare if they can keep O’Donnell plus one other inside.

Surely. Duggan was mom in the round robin game on o mahony.

If I was in charge of Clare I’d be playing two inside. Bring somebody out around midfield to help track those cork runners.

There aren’t enough tickets to go round this time, I know my old club in Cork hasn’t nearly enough tickets to reward people who volunteer hours every week,
You’d hardly blame her for putting out the call

2 Likes

Agree with that. 4/5 each needed. SOD and Duggan’s performances are the minimum needed and they’ve been pretty consistent all year, Clare need Kelly and Fitz to raise their games.

Gas in way if Clare hadn’t got that controversial 65 v Waterford cork would have been gone wouldn’t they?

Amazing the way these things work out.

The cheer in Thurles when Rodgers pointed was outstanding. We all knew Tipp were going to be skinned alive soon after.

Ah the tickets at AI final time is always complicated. There are some genuine lads who are huge fans who could be elderly or abroad or whatever who’d love to go to all the games but it isn’t really practical. You wouldn’t begrudge them a ticket in fairness.

Unfortunately though they tend to miss out due to the bandwagoner/event junkie types hoovering up tickets due to suddenly being die-hard fans

1 Like

https://twitter.com/danielhussey2/status/1813194801979760830?s=46

How many ex gaa presidents are alive?

2 Likes