Allianz Hurling League 2019

Dub 1-10 to 9 up at half time after playing with strong wind. Dublin started well but tipp gradually got on top and should be ahead only for shooting a pile of wides . Dublin have missed nothing but we are short a couple of starting defenders and look very vulnerable at the back

1 Like

Yeah I think so - is that them both gone for the championship first round?

1 Like

It didn’t show him getting the card but I thought the commentator said something about a second yellow

Who’s this now?

He was definitely on a yellow.

Judging from the Harnedy/Delaney thing, they’re suspended if straight reds.

There’s some distinction between regular season league and playoff games is there? Had a look back at both incidents there and I’d imagine they’ll both be appealed.

Cleary’s was dangerous and reckless rather than intentional I think, harsh enough red

He did put his hurl across to fend off Bennett but no intent to strike, whether that’s enough. I thought Duggan had less to answer for.

The ref with the ‘mange’ loves a controversy

I didn’t see clearly what Duggan did, I’d be surprised if Cleary gets off though.

While he definitely didn’t mean it, it was like he forgot where his hurley was and it was quite reckless. It’s not as if the ball was there.

Dublin still 4 up 15 left

Duggar’s wasn’t a straight red. It was a second yellow. I didn’t think there was much in it. The Cleary one was a red under the current rules. I suppose it was one way to put an end to his embarrassment. I believe there was a bad blow on Shane Bennett in the corner but I couldn’t see it from my angle.

Albeit that Clare were abject it was good to see Ozzie have his first good game in 2 1/2 years.

They should place him wing forward and leave him settle there for the year it’s his best position

Is the semi in a neutral venue? Probably Thurles

Duggan had his left arm across to block Roche to catch with his right, Roche had a bit of momentum and sort of clotheslined himself. Seemed a normal enough contest under the ball.

Level now Tipp should stumble through.

Dubs back in front

That’s what I thought. Nothing in it.

2 up

3 up

Back to 1