Allianz Hurling League 2019

Put him back corner forward.

1 Like

Dubs have rushe, shutter, conal Keaney? And o callaghan to come back tbf

1 Like

No. We did occasionally but nothing as defensive as today. As the pundits were saying there it looks like Mattie set up not to get a hiding today .

Donal Burke is going travelling for the summer and hence Mattie hasnā€™t picked him recently.

Hmm, thatā€™s interesting. To be honest, I would have been surprised if we had won well; as I said, the Dublin backs are generally quite decent. I do think your general forward play could be improved upon and probably will need to be to make a quarter-final.

Best wishes to Joe.

In the top five of players Iā€™ve seen in the flesh along with the likes of Brian Whelehan, Tommy Walsh and Liam Watson.

Unreal consistency to do it year in, year out with the burden/expectation of being the main man for Galway.

7 Likes

None of those lads would make the current Limerick squad

Danny and Dillon were good. All of of the rest of the forwards were varying degrees of awful. We have a good few forward injuries at the moment but ultimately we are a weak up front and this is going to take a few years to address

Will they play Rushe full forward or centre forward this season as the backs are strong enough? Oā€™Donnell and Moran deservedly get a lot of plaudits but I like Smyth too - think heā€™s a fine young player.

Youā€™re trying too hard mate, itā€™s difficult to watch

Itā€™s been a long day

Yeah. Iā€™d imagine rushe will be in the forwards. Paddy Smyth was excellent again today. He is a great corner back. Dublin v Wexford in Parnell park is shaping up to be the pivotal game of the season for both teams

1 Like

Did Mulcahy not take Smyth for 3 points (all in the first half maybe)? To be honest, Iā€™d have said he was the weakest of the Dublin backs. Admittedly, I wasnā€™t paying particular attention to who was who.

Whichever Dub corner back was on Mulcahy got a bit of a ā€œhosingā€ alright, as Thomas Ɠ SĆ© would say. Eoin Oā€™Donnell was superb, great bit of stuff. SeĆ”n Moran a nice player too.

I think he was on Smyth for 2 of the 3 points. In fairness to Smyth Dublin were being overrun out the field in the second half and there was ball raining down on our full backline and himself and o Donnell stood up to it manfully

1 Like

https://twitter.com/peterswellman/status/1110161789990457344

1 Like

A mild concussion so.

Great for hurling generally and the championship season ahead that itā€™s nowhere near as bad as first feared.

2 Likes

Heā€™s some ham. Stretchered off because of a dead leg.

3 Likes

A dead leg :grinning: @anon32894817 vindicated here.

4 Likes

Hold on now a second ye cunts, technically his leg DIED (temporarily) .

11 Likes