Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Rent free

2 Likes

Im praising Kiely here.

Even if Barron did something terrible (which i doubt was the case) the least Davy could and should have done was say ā€œheā€™s not that kind of playerā€ or words to that effect.

1 Like

You defend your players in public. Always. Say what you want to them behind closed doors but never publicly slate them.

It never works out well to hang them out to dry. Davy basically pinning that defeat on Barron will do wonders in the dressing room.

3 Likes

The black shorts make them look like a team who are taking it more seriously. The saffron and white is one of the most unintimidating combinations in the GAA. Antrim have always looked like pushovers, and possibly not uncoincidentally, have pretty much always been pushovers in both hurling and Gaelic football.

3 Likes

He might want rid of him

Blaming his own player for ill discipline while getting involved with match officials and the opposition every game himself.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I always thought that about the purple and gold.

Heā€™s joint captain and their best player so i doubt that.

Where Wexford went wrong was in getting rid of the white rugby style collar. This was an integral part of the classic colours.

A white collar should also make a return to the Kilkenny colours, at least if theyā€™re still set on never going back to the black shorts because they lost the 1976 Leinster final by 20 points wearing them.

The white square with a black number on the back of the shirt was a lovely feature of the Kilkenny shirt which helped to mask the inherent unattractiveness of the colours.

1 Like

Ballybricken-Bohermore, nicest kit in Limerick. But nice gets you nowhere

1 Like

Never heard it said. Chin is as good as there is around. He makes a very poor team competitive anytime he plays.

2 Likes

Same here. I have never heard anything like that being said about Lee Chin.

Rosbercon got that one right in the last few years, that was a really nice jersey with the white collar. Have to agree with ya on the Wexford one with white collar as well. It adds to it.

If heā€™d stamped on him he wouldnā€™t have even been spoken to.

Who was it?

Didnā€™t see, Conor Stakelum seemed to be picking him up so possibly him.

Teege suggested this week giving the league winners an automatic spot in the All Ireland series. Might not be a bad idea but of course it could result in some dead rubbers in the Championship round robin. Thoughts?

1 Like

Get rid of the round robin and revert to old back door format and it would work

2 Likes

Think itā€™s not a bad idea. The current format/ calendar canā€™t remain or else the league isnā€™t worth a fuck.

1 Like

Makes sense alright, Stakelum saw a yellow for whatever happened in the incident