Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Say waterford will fancy their chances of beating tipp after watching that today. At least they have more pace than tipp.

1 Like

Which hand was the blood coming from?

Watch back & freeze frame for us, you gom. :smiley:

1 Like

You brought up fake blood. Have you been drinking?

Nice to see the hurling on before the bogball on League Sunday, as it should be.

Tipp’s biggest problems are they don’t have a centre back. That and an ever changing midfield. Clare by contrast have a very settled team and are very strong at 3,6,11 as well as midfield.

Clare have an identity under Lohan. They have matured as a side, settled in key positions as you say, but one thing they’ve added this year is depth. In the recent past they had no bench, now they have options.

They have to go and beat Kilkenny in two weeks, especially if he names a strong side. It would be a significant step forward… silverware, Kilkenny downed in a knockout game… a huge statement ahead of the summer. Lose it and the doubts remain.

3 Likes

Hurling does in its fuck need a strong Tipp team, it’s doing fine without them

2 Likes

Clare are going for their second league title in 40 years*, they’ll be going all out to win on Sunday week.

*It was Darren Frehill who said this stat on the sports review this morning, we should take this fact with a pitch of salt.

It isn’t though. It’s not doing fine at all. The league just doesn’t work with the split season. They need to get rid of the league, and start an elongated championship format the first weekend of May, with the final early August.
Play the railway cup on Paddy’s weekend.
Finish the club completely before Christmas.
Give all the players Jan and Feb off if they want.
Something like that.
Whatever, it just won’t stand having a competition so obviously devalued as the league is now, and then a championship gone before you can blink.

1 Like

No disrespect to Willie but when he’s our best player, that points to some significant issues we have.

1 Like

But Tipp being shite has no relevance to all of that

Tipp looked fairly fit but I’d say they have no hurling done.

Yer man learned his lesson below in Waterford about peaking too early. There’s fear of Tipp come championship. They’ll be ready.

I don’t think Tipp are that far away. Take the meltdown on frees out of it and that’s a properly close game.

Tipp don’t have the players, that’s the long and the short of it. Just not very good

3 Likes

They made a lot of mistakes yesterday too though; once they were coughed up possession at half forward or midfield they were not able to defend any counter attack; seemed to be a couple of yards off their men all the time allowing Clare to pick off 30 yard passes easily.

The frees were a killer though; even to keep the scoreboard ticking over you need to be putting 90% of them over. Limerick missed a few Saturday evening too in the first half which would have helped stall Kilkenny’s momentum

:grinning::grinning:
https://twitter.com/ourgamehq/status/1772045560461103218?s=61&t=MKTryJkJbpuiQojDzsma7g

1 Like

Teams will make mistakes on windy wet days in the league though. Now, I think Tipp have some way to go to being genuine All Ireland contenders. I don’t think they can consistently beats the 4-5 teams they’ll need to beat to win it. But they are a match for anyone on their day. Beat Clare and drew with Limerick last year.

Fellas are reading way too much into the league

2 Likes

Push championship out 2 weeks. Put 4/5 weeks between league final and first round of champo.

2 Likes

Tipp are at a very low ebb. They celebrated like they’d won the all Ireland when they drew with us last year in a round robin.

Even Tipp fans on here went Buck ape over the result.

1 Like

A friend of mine texted me during warm up. He couldn’t get over how much Tipp were fumbling the ball in the warm up. For a few years, we got away with a real lack of pace because we had pure hurlers. Now, we don’t even have the basics.

1 Like