Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Cork are slowly finding players but there are still big problems. I’d shove Roche up to half forward. Gk a big problem too.

Twomey, Coleman, O Connell all big positives.

1 Like

He’s a luxury player. He wouldn’t make the Limerick 26.

They should’ve won that tonight. I’d say they’re best of the rest. They’ve the most scope to go on and do something. 25 minutes on there, theyvwere very good. Horgan missed 3 very handy ones.

Haven’t got the comments here, but what Pat Ryan was trying to tell him over a free at that precise moment I’ll never know. You pick Horgan or you don’t. I thought it effected him after with his shooting.

Any new Cork players play well?

Got round to seeing that pre match clip of Cusack v Jackie.

The only people responsible for the Cork County Board being €30,000,000 in debt are the Cork County Board. They proposed the redevelopment, they came up with the business plan, they pressed ahead with it, with the nod from Croke Park.

Pathetic for Cusack to pin this debacle on Croke Park. They were fed a fairytale and swallowed the lot. If they’d blocked it they’d have been accused of ignoring the second city, not being ambitious enough, stifling ambition and everything else.

The fact of the matter is that, rightly or wrongly, every County Board and GAA supporter in the country wants their County to have the best ground possible in their own county. Sharing stadia is anathema to GAA folk. Will never fly. Ever.

To blame the boogey man of ‘Croke Park’ for the colossal debt is just plain ridiculous. If I was Cusack I’d be pointing the finger at the Cork County Board Executive of the time who pressed ahead with (seemingly) little due diligence. Build it and, well, we’re Cork so they won’t see us go stuck. And they won’t - the AI final ticket price increases are due to building the white elephant. Waterford and other counties have done up their home and not crippled themselves. It’s called acting prudently. Easier to play the victim rather than say ‘we screwed up’.

Not gone on Tyrell but he said nothing wrong there. Imagine any hurling fan having a go at Kilkenny because they haven’t won in a few years. Kilkenny and their almost 40 All-Irelands. Yeah, you’re proper shit lads.

Cusack gets an easy ride but he’s a mouthy bollocks with a vast chip on his shoulder behind it all. Jackie should have thrown in a dig about his stint as Cork minor manager too.

Or asked him about a proper GAA legend like Gerald McCarthy.

26 Likes

Didn’t you try to shaft Cody?

1 Like

I’ve never shafted Cody. Or any man.

Have shafted plenty of dubious looking women in my time, admittedly.

Welcome back Malarkey

What to say about last evening. Great crowd, SVPuíC is just a great place to watch a game. KK ran through Cork like a dose of salts in the first half until they faded a bit with the last ten mins. Cork picked a great time to score their goal. KK left about 1-8 behind them in the first half.
Tbf, both sides missed chances all night. Coleman changed it when he came on but Cork definitely had more fire in the belly after the break.
Lawlor, Walsh & Corcoran did well in the backs. Midfield were good until they faded. Mullen is class, Donnelly did okay. Big Walter :man_facepalming:t2:.
A win is a win, I thought we just about deserved it and there wasn’t any complaints from the crowd at the final whistle.

9 Likes

I think Cork supporters will have been happy to have seen a competitive game for a finish, nobody will lose sleep over a league match but after 25 minutes it looked like it was gonna be a very long night.

Coleman is a real class act though, very happy to see him moving well, Horgans radar was a bit off but he’s still worth his place, worked hard, some lovely touches, better days are coming please God :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No harm to keep expectations in check… The celebrations in the stands after beating Limerick last year was OTT.

2 Likes

Hard old game to analyse. Kk were good. Obviously the more consistent and reliable of the two teams. Should have had the game completely dead and buried by halftime. Look to have a few young lads coming and it’s a pretty settled side to begin with, so a bit of fine-tuning and they’ll be competitive at the business end of the championship, as usual.

I don’t honestly know where to start with cork. Obviously it’s only the league and that but I’d say they’d frustrate the life out of you. They could really do with a new forward or two putting up the hand. Coming into another championship looking at Horgan, Lehane etc starting won’t do.

I was impressed by the quality of ball into our forwards.Thats my biggest take on it.
Some of the passes in were of the 70/30 variety,they were that good.
Good to see.

Have to share stadia end of
As shown by the Liam Miller testimonial and recent rugby game
PUC needs to open up

Rec Co board Cork
Dinosaur attitude prevails

The first half was as good a half of hurling as KK have produced in quite a while, you could argue about the lack of a goal or two to stamp the dominance on the score board.

Derek must be scratching his head with that second half performance though, Cork should have scored another 2 goals. KK went missing in action for long periods.

Early days.

1 Like

We fucked up about 6 goal chances throughout.

Theres a pattern after developing with them in so far as they get the jitters in the second half after coming out blazing.
Do we need a Brother Damien,I wonder?

Honestly, it’s an absolutely beautiful stadium, and tbh the cork board were right. Croke park won’t see them go under, and I’d expect the govt to step in if needed, albeit with the proviso that it is open to other events.
It’s a shame Galway haven’t done the same.

2 Likes

Not a HUGE amount of match traffic in Mullingar

In the all new Walsh Park here. That uncovered stand is a right yoke.

13 Likes