Alright Sort of the Year - 2018

Christ, you’re almost as bad as Keane now. He’s Irish.

Tony Mowbray

John Kiely.

Lock the thread.

2 Likes

JP McManus
The man who brought the cup to Limerick out of the goodness of his heart and a love of the place

Cormac Byrne.
Sports journalist.

1 Like

Not Irish. Ineligible.

8 Likes

He is Irish ok just not resident.
Pity ye dont deport Mick Lowry instead of electing him to the Dail to collect his 100k plus expenses.

Brian Lohan.

In exclusive extracts from his autobiography ‘At All Costs’, Davy Fitz opens up on his health problems

DAVY FITZGERALD has revealed his battle with “depression” after being diagnosed with a serious sleep disorder with just weeks after becoming Wexford hurling manager in 2016.

Fitzgerald’s ongoing heart problems are well known but he outlined how treatment for the disorder required the wearing of mask connected to a small mobile ventilator when sleeping, an ordeal which left him “shattered”.

In exclusive extracts from his autobiography ‘At All Costs’, written by the Irish Independent’s Vincent Hogan, the former Clare star describes how this illness left his energy “on the floor”.

“I felt incredibly down and remember sitting up in bed one night and bursting into tears. All I could think was, ‘Where the f**k is all this heading?’” Fitzgerald said.

"It felt as if I’d made a terrible mistake. There were days I’d feel so jaded I could hardly lift my hands. I was arriving to Wexford training just feigning enthusiasm. I had absolutely zero energy.

"Worse, I had zero morale. Here I was at 45, feeling as if my body was slowly but surely giving up on me. I felt in turmoil, forcing myself into the car for the three-hour drive to training.

“Taking these deep breaths then on arrival, just to summon some kind of artificial energy.”

The two-time All-Ireland winner also revealed how he felt betrayed by former Banner team-mates Brian Lohan and Jamesie O’Connor for being “so openly unsupportive” of him during his reign as Clare boss.

His relationship with Lohan deteriorated following a feisty Fitzgibbon Cup match in 2014 when his Limerick IT side shocked Lohan’s UL and he detailed a phone call he made to “put an end” to their problems.

“It was at that point he made a comment to me I have no intention of ever repeating. Let’s just say the comment was poor, that’s as far as I’ll go.”

No. Two Clare cunts.

1 Like

I thought the book would be called ‘All about the costs’.

Surely “Davy Fitzgerald: it all costs” is better

1 Like

Curtis needs to be sectioned or locked up alongside his mate Tom

1 Like

Timmy Hammersley

Cc @carryharry

2 Likes

A great fella

Corne Krige.

John Costelloe

His report is always good reading. It really highlights some of the other crap from county secs around the country.

Aishling Thompson :ronnyroar:

3 Likes