Alright sort of the year 2022

Could also be in the things that are wrong, or things that are right thread.

2 Likes

Fair play to that lady she is a Saint. But jesus that reads like something from a third world country. Disgraceful

1 Like

I don’t think much of Ireland really knows true poverty presently, certainly not grinding poverty across swathes of society. The UK has successfully aped the US in this.

6 Likes

Isn’t is strange how you can’t get a dog from the pound without a full inspection of your house to ensure you have all the required facilities, but kids are allowed to stay with parents that have them sleeping in bin bags.

12 Likes

The POTY award has been nailed down and we’re only 2 days in.
Tip of my hat Sir…….

1 Like

It’s mad.

Agreed. In the scenario of first lady in the article without food a light bulb or let alone a bed I’m sure someone like SVDP would be there as a backstop in Ireland if asked

1 Like

Charlie Carter

What’s Charlie done?

He was interviewed on off the ball earlier after his big win in leopardstown over Christmas.

I heard something about that alright. I bumped into a nephew of Tom Foley of Danoli fame a few days ago. His young fellow is starting out as a jockey. He was saying he had a winner for Charlie Carter over Christmas.

2 Likes

Jesus I had never made the connection at all. He’s a very nicely lad jack. My friend sponsors him. Good pilot too.

Yeah, he’s a grand nephew of Tom. The Foley’s were always great horsemen. Jack has a younger brother who’s a real star at the show jumping/equestrian.

Jason foley.

The threshold to be convicted of neglect is ridiculously high in the UK. We’d a family in school around 8 years ago and what the poor children had to live in was awful. Utterly awful. We raised it with social workers and the appropriate bodies when they entered the school. The family also kept dogs so the kids got fleas from the dogs and other issues. Anyway long story short by the time the girl had left and the boy was in his final year of primary school, it had finally gotten to court. Result was parents banned from owning pets for 10 years but nothing about the kids despite the overwhelming evidence of neglect. Fucking scandalous.

6 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me, the Brits in a nutshell. I believe George Orwell said that the only unique nationak characteristics of the English are an ease with hypocrisy and a sentimental devotion to animals.

Bríd Stack. Ye mightnt have heard this lads but she picked up a knock over there last year. But she persevered and is now gonna make her debut

1 Like

That’s him, Jason. He’s won European and World Championships at underage level.

The father was a feisty hurler on the Carlow club scene in his day.

I haven’t met him but I see he rides a fair bit for ger o neill. He’d be well set up there.

I’ve met jack once or twice. He seems very quiet. Good jockey though should carve out a good career.