Alright sort of the year 2023

Pity he didn’t do it in 2023, but maybe he’s a perennial alright sort.

1 Like

He seriously is.

1 Like

7 Likes

Padraig O Hora.

Just heard a radio interview with Brendan Courtney, seems to be a lovely chap

Barry Glendenning

Paudie Maher

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnxeuwAh29f/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

John Power

A proper centre forward

*Assuming it’s not lead singer of Cast

1 Like

Andrea Pirlo.

Liam Brady

1 Like

Brady is a cunt.

1 Like

1 Like

Gregg Barnes

Curbs

1 Like

Justice Tony Hunt

Ok, at the risk of exposing myself to ridicule once again, I’d like to nominate Derek Murray, guitar prodigy and member of The Stunning
I happened to be talking to him at the weekend for an hour about this and that, and we fell to speaking about guitars, and what he was playing now, and had played in the past. When I first met him as a very young fella, just as the stunning were starting out, he played a beautiful old gibson, a 1960’s one, now worth well into 5 figures, which was stolen from his unit. I often think about it when I’m perusing guitars, which , having slightly more money than sense or talent, mainly due to the latter two being deficient, I often do. I wondered to him whether the skumbag that robbed it even knew what it was. Derek, absolute gentleman that he always was, always is, and always will be just said that he had a fair suspicion who had stolen it, and that they knew perfectly well what they were stealing.
In any case, we discussed guitars at length , what we had, what we started out with etc. (Derek now plays a PRS standard), but he was telling me about some of the guitars he had had over the years.
He had owned a pre CBS strat, which he said someone had at some point barbarised by scraping off the original cherry red, and trying to repaint in Rory Gallagher colours, before changing the pickups hence debasing it by at least ten grand.
He then told me he had owned for a while a mint, original, pre CBS 1958 telecaster. This is a holy grail guitar , probably worth 35k in the current market. Rare as hen’s teeth. Crikey, I said ,what happened to that?
“Ah, I had a friend in new York who needed a kidney transplant so I gave it to him”
To appreciate the generosity you’d have to understand that this thing was so rare and valuable, that even were money no object, you’d struggle to find one. On top of that he’s a lover of guitars, and knew exactly what he was giving away.
I remarked on his staggering (and humbling) generosity, and he just said in his quiet understated way, “Ah they weren’t as valuable when I got it”
I probably shouldn’t post this really, but I’m blown away by it.
He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
Cc @Lazarus @TheUlteriorMotive

13 Likes