American clothing sizes

Lads i just got my 3V card in the post today and have decided to go on a small spending spree for new clothes or what not but am cautious with regard sizes,i would normally be a Large with most tops but is there a difference?need to know before i buy…

with womens stuff anyway it all depends on the shop…

American Eagle would be pretty same as irish sizes

but abercrombie and hollistor would be small fitting

No easy answer on this one WYT, they tend to vary. I’m a large here and I’ve generally found I’m large for Abercrombie and medium for most other brands.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 515001”]
No easy answer on this one WYT, they tend to vary. I’m a large here and I’ve generally found I’m large for Abercrombie and medium for most other brands.
[/quote]So it’s safe to say avoid the xl size then tinnion?

For anything american, especially Abercrombie and Hollister buy the next size up from what you are, but with shirts the sleeves are miles too long then. American Eagle is excellent.

I would definitely avoid XL.

Most of the Abercrombie stuff is designed to be a little tighter than normal so that’s why I tend to get away with going with L.

I think the only thing to do is to avoid buying in bulk until you’ve gotten one piece from a particular brand.

Surely someone you know has some Abercrombie shirts/t-shirts too, you could try one on.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 515004”]
I would definitely avoid XL.

Most of the Abercrombie stuff is designed to be a little tighter than normal so that’s why I tend to get away with going with L.

I think the only thing to do is to avoid buying in bulk until you’ve gotten one piece from a particular brand.

Surely someone you know has some Abercrombie shirts/t-shirts too, you could try one on.
[/quote]Thanks for the help people, i think i will have to take a chance first time around and just order one item first time around,wont be long knowing then i suppose!

I only wear American clothes. I take a 10XL myself. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick

If you are an L here deffo try the xl for hollister and abercrombie. Go the other way for aeropostale polo and hilfiger. As stated above American eagle is much the same as Irish sizes