Andy Lee.. Irish Sporting Superstar

I know - I just liked seeing him box. It’s a sensible decision to retire.

Remember he was supposed to fight bjs in thomond Park in Limerick they pulled out because they only sold 2500 tickets. Most of them travellers buying em. Tomorrow Limerick live 95fm will say how much he was adored and loved. The honest truth is most of the snobby cunts in Limerick had no interest in supporting a traveller. Never got any credit in Limerick. They didn’t even advertise his world championship fight when it was coming. It was all munster this ó Connell that.

3 Likes

Fair play for getting his back after he’s retired.

I liked him and thought he was a top boxer and deserved everything he got. I’m saying Limerick didn’t have his back and now they will pretend they did tomorrow morning when they talk about him

Stop shouting, pal.

I went to one of his fights in UL. It was the same night Limerick hammered Meath in the football qualifiers. Very enjoyable event with Lee winning by stoppage in the last round.

1 Like

A seriously nice chap. Had some dealings with him through work a few years back, and he was as genuine and interesting as he seems in media appearances. Has his head screwed on and very much wish him the best in his retirement

1 Like

And the crowed shout Andy Lee Andy Lee Andy Lee, 'Jimmy loved using that line

Such a shame he lost to saunders, I reckon he wins the rematch every time. Absolute gent, went to one of his limerick fights and met him at a gig in Dublin around 2010. Once he called me a real asshole cause I accidentally stood up a friend of his which was very upsetting for me because I was a massive fan of his.

Saunders is just that little bit better than him,Andy became a world champion with little to no media backing from RTE at home,if he was from Dublin he would have been all over our screens.

1 Like

A nice lad but wasn’t he embarrassed in the Olympics by a lad from North Africa that wouldn’t be a boxing stronghold?

There is at least two bits of that I’m not sure I believe.

1 Like

A Romanian beat Anthony Joshua as an amateur who is now a world champion.pucked the head off of him so Whats your point? Fuck off out of this thread.

2 Likes

The Brits got the fix in to get Joshua a gold medal in London

Fiji isn’t a hurling stronghold either mate but they produced a couple of AI hurling champs.That post sums up why nobody like you.He was beaten by a Cameroonian on count back iirc.Embarrassed is being laid out on your back by some bum.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

I don’t know. He won the second half of that fight convincingly when he realized how far behind he was, I think if he had that fight again he’d not have been so complacent in the early rounds. Ah well.

Is @Mac drinking heavily again?

cc @Tassotti

That piece on Off the Ball with Lee was outstanding, great radio. A good guy who got out in time. Best of luck to him.

You’re a fucking dullard wank who couldn’t wait to drag up the mans past. Shame on you.

1 Like