Sir Andy Murray

what are others views about him?

didnt think I could dislike a tennis player more than henman but murray is more annoying

Don’t mind Murray half as much as Henman. The crowd are extremely annoying though. Have a few bob on Murray at 20/1 to win this match.

Cmon Tim. I mean Andy. Some fightback from 2 sets down.

Murry is ok he has attempted to distance himself from the english jumping on his bandwagon now that fucking loser henman has gone !! he was a wankhole and that is the truth

I suppose if people have an automatic for everyone who’s British then it’s easy to hate him. Anyone who faces down match points and goes on to win the next two sets clearly has a bit of balls about them, so fair play to him. He won’t win the tournament, but fair play anyway.

i was a massive fan of jeremy bates so its not an anti english thing- Nadal will honk him but a good comeback - laying at less than 1.10 seems like a decent bet in Tennis

Laying anything less than 1.10 is only a good idea if you can get a winner in every ten surely.

obviously- id like to see the stats on it as it happens quite a bit

Wasn’t suggesting it was as I have no idea why you dislike Murray, maybe you can tell us. But I know the anti British thing is a part of why plenty of other people dislike him.

i heard somewhere(not sure of its true) that murray went to school above in dunblane in scotland and was in the school there at the time of the shootings in 1996…

the mid atlantic drawl
the dour personality

I hardly think his accent is a reason to dislike him, different strokes though I suppose. Do you dislike every sportsperson with a dour attitude?

in the tennis world- yes-- would much prefer Nadal over Federer for example

Murrays annoying, but Henman was a cunt.

Nadal will hand him his arse now anyway.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Murrays annoying, but Henman was a cunt.

Nadal will hand him his arse now anyway.[/quote]

Fair play to him he dug it out last night. Could be fooked tired now though. That Nadal is a bull of a fella

Yeah he went to school in Dunblane alright. Not sure if he was there during the shootings though.

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=651&highlight=andy+murray

I fooking love Andy Murray - here’s a thread from ages ago when I was eulogising the ballsiness of the child.

What a comeback indeed - some exceptional heart and ability.

I like his ‘I don’t give a scheidt’ attitude too - see him in the press conference after eating a Chinese take-away and answering the questions with his mouth full.

I hate his Ma though.

[quote=“larryduff”]Don’t mind Murray half as much as Henman. The crowd are extremely annoying though. Have a few bob on Murray at 20/1 to win this match.

[/quote]

well done on the bet Larry. Have to agree with NCC about Murray though. Far more annoying than Henman ever was

Ah no, Henman was an utter cunt, even from teh time he smacked the young wan with teh tennis ball he put himself out there as a prick of the highest order.

Murray just doesnt give a fuck, which is fair enough, he doesnt want to play the media game. No need to be a rude cunt to boot though,b ut hey, thats his perogative.

At least he’s Scottish.

I like Murray. He’s a proper tennis player with all the shots rather than many of the one trick ponies you find in tennis. I like his arrogance too although he overdoes it a bit at times. I thought it was folly of him to whine about his seeding before Wimbledon but fair play to him he’s gone on and justified it now. Has a much better chance of winning Wimbledon than Tiger Tim ever did.

Surprised at all the hatred towards Henman. I was fairly indifferent about the guy. Contemptuous if anything.