Sir Andy Murray

Thoroughly enjoyable documentary. His bird is a cracker.

Disappointing result for Andy in Cincinnati losing to Berdych in straight sets.

British number one Andy Murray and his coach Ivan Lendl have agreed to end their two-year partnership.

Under Lendl, Murray, 26, won his maiden Grand Slam title and Olympic gold in 2012 and then won Wimbledon in 2013.

“I’m eternally grateful to Ivan for all his hard work. We’ve learned a lot as a team and it will be of benefit in the future,” said Murray.

“Working with Andy over the last two years has been a fantastic experience. He is a first-class guy,” said Lendl.

Murray, who is currently in Miami to defend his title at the Masters Series event, said he planned to take time before considering his next step.

Lendl, an eight-time Grand Slam champion, was appointed Murray’s coach in December 2011, with the aim of bringing the “experience and knowledge that few others have, particularly in major tournaments.”

Lendl, 54, is rated as one of the world’s greatest players, having won 94 ATP Tour titles in a 16-year career.

He came from two sets to love down to win the French Open final against John McEnroe in 1984 to claim his first Grand Slam and, after winning the 1985 US Open, he remained as the world’s top ranked player for 156 consecutive weeks.

Lendl, who has recently played exhibitions in Kansas, Oklahoma, Nashville, Charlotte and London, added: "Having helped him achieve his goal of winning major titles, I feel it is time for me to concentrate on some of my own projects including playing more events around the world which I am really enjoying.

“I will always be in Andy’s corner and wish him nothing but great success as he too goes into a new phase of his career.”
[SIZE=6][/SIZE]

Ivan was there to lendl a hand when Andy needed it, but all good things must come to a Lendl.

A bjorn winner.

What a beautiful person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9zOulGT3MA

Murray, like so many of his countrymen, is a miserable dour cunt.

Post reported, Andy Murray is a hero of this forum, you’ve made an ill advised step here, be careful how you proceed from this point.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

I’m not for caring what he is on here. He’s still all of the above :slight_smile:

Cunt wouldn’t smile even if you tickled his toes.

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 937965, member: 2585”]I’m not for caring what he is on here. He’s still all of the above :slight_smile:

Cunt wouldn’t smile even if you tickled his toes.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I wouldnt smile if you tickled my toes either.

Ah you would…

Andy beat Melzer in Rome today. Nadal tomorrow in the quarter final.

Come on Rafa!

I will be going to see this match tonight.

Rafa has to be favourite for this but he hasn’t been as dominant this year on the clay as he has been. There might be a chance that andy could pull off a shock win.

Andy breaks Nadal in Nadal’s first service game to take a 2-0 lead in the first set.

No point for Nadal on his second service game. Andy 4-0 up and racing through this first set.

Its been an injury affected year since winning the Championship last July but lack of conditioning a problem early in Andy’s career has become an issue again. He really needs games under his belt, even if it is on the muck before the proper tennis begins at the Queen’s club mid June.

He was outclassed tonight. Rafa is back, great game though on the premier surface of tennis.

Great game to be at tonight. Andy is just off peak fitness.