American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

The NRA should be reclassified as a terrorist organisation.

The Republican party should probably be reclassified as such, too.

1 Like

Ah Jaysus pal I hate coming across as a cunt but America has one of the highest rates of rape in the world off the top of my head it’s miles worse than Australia for it? Edit after a quick search it seems both are woeful for it but the Australians are more inclined to rape a family member while the Americans prefer random strangers.Disturbing stuff.

Great debating. Whats your solution?

Its absolutely got to do with guns, combined with mental illness. But the guns horse has bolted, theres no way of getting them back, the US government announcing they are planning on seizing guns would not produce less violence i assure you.

As this is the reality, gun culture and guns already out there, asking now for gun control is as useless as right wingers asking for prayers for victims.

1 Like

What could they have done? They had no grounds to arrest and detain him, theyd need a team of agents to follow him around the clock, totally not feasible

I bet if you banned guns, gun violence would go down. I bet anything.

1 Like

The way to do it, but impossible,would be to ban all handguns and restrict magazine capacity on rifles. That still gives the constitutionalists the right to bear arms (still ignoring the well regulated militia part)

But thats never going to happen. So what might actually work

Abolish the piece of utter shit that is the second amendment and ban guns?

And ban ammunition, while you’re at it.

It’s a very simple problem.

The solution is very simple too.

Remember, gun nuts always tell us that gun owners are responsible, law abiding citizens.

So, if you ban guns, gun violence will go down.

I’m very sure of that.

Thats never going to happen. It would be like the irish government trying to ban drinking due to the violence and death that causes. What would the reaction be. Guns are just as ingrained in American society.

The gun lobby says the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens.

So they’d obey the law.

Again, to reiterate, my solution is to ban guns.

I think it’s very definitely the best solution by a million miles.

They wouldn’t obey that law. The constitution supercedes law and they would not chamge that. Thered be war anyway and itd be impossible to get to 300+ million guns.

They could offer 1000 rebate per gun handed in, ban handguns and assault rifles maybe.

I think America should copy “Euro-weenie” countries like Sweden or Denmark, or maybe even little old Euro-weenie Ireland.

It would benefit them a lot.

What a dumb country, what a dumb party, what a dumb man.

You truly are a simpleton.

As you said, and it’s absolutely true, the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens. You forgot the other side of the equation though; criminals, who tend by definition not to obey the law or give a rats ass about any laws. Most of the weapons held by criminals are illegally obtained, so your wonderful plan takes guns away from law abiding citizens and leaves them in the hands of criminals. I’m sure, in a country with high violent crime rates, that would have a wonderful outcome.

The US isn’t Sweden or Denmark, no point pretending it is or could be anytime soon. Perhaps when the violent crime rate reduces to the level of those countries a gun ban could be considered. Without the support of the majority in a majority of states, a gun ban hasn’t a notion of passing.

He doesn’t understand any of that. He thinks it’s like the west of Ireland where the local guard goes around checking for gun licenses.

I think your country should ban guns, mate.

Then you’d have less of a problem with guns.

The first thing that should be done is everyone, regardless of age, who is diagnosed with a mental disorder and particularly those on medication, should be on a register and not allowed to purchase any weapon legally. In this day and age that is absolutely feasible given how intrusive the government is already. If the government can monitor every email, text message and phone call, they can monitor the mentally ill.

Secondly, he had exhibited violent tenancies and made threats of violence. The school were well aware of this and instructed their staff to be on the lookout fr him and not allow him on the school property carrying a backpack. Why the fuck do you think they determined that? The FBI had at least one warning, or maybe two, that should have been traced to him.

Why is it in all these school killings, everyone seems to have known afterwards that the perpetrator was so obvious?

As I said, you’re a simpleton. Simpletons can only conceive of simple solutions.
Let’s ban mental illness, that should work.

But what could they do? Sure if they saw him coming ring the cops and hope for a quick response time but that would still give enough time for him to kill. Unless they suspend habeas corpus and lock people up on suspicion there’s no way they could have stopped this

Yes, it’s quite simple - you should ban guns.

I bet it works.