American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

The mad thing is this …

I worked in the Smith and Wesson factory in Springfield, Massachusetts, many years ago, stripping asbestos, as it happens.

4 Likes

I saw someone on twitter showing that in their kids school each classroom had rubber wedges in the room which could just be jammed under the door at a moment notice. Basic but reasonably effective

Not much good when the walls are only sheetrocked.They won’t stop bullets.Maybe make all classrooms like panic rooms with block walls and heavy metal doors.

This is what I was thinking, why not have the classrooms a secure rooms that are bullet proof. At least the teacher or students can lock the door and get on the ground and be relatively safe. Its better than arming teachers and giving them a bonus for carrying a gun.

1 Like

Has anyone costed the arm the teachers plan? You’d be talking billions surely?

The NRA have $$$$$$

And don’t forget the bonus that these Teachers will get as well?

A bonus for teachers??? I’m interested… Cc @Nembo_Kid @Cicero_Dandi

1 Like

Yep Trump said that any teachers that were to sign up as an armed teacher would get a little bonus pay for it.

The NRA are great patriots though.
A big business lobby group, classified as patriots, what a fucking country.

The tobacco boys should have got them lads in. Smoking doesn’t kill people, people kill people.

1 Like

I guess it is a delaying tactic and no more

Like the American mother who at a seminar for how their children should act during a shooting, was surprised when the kids were told to run around and throw things in the air, causing mayhem really. She thought it seemed odd, surely they’d be better off running and hiding. At which point she realised that the reason for this instruction was, that if the shooter was in the room, they were as good as dead already. Their job now was to slow down the shooter, buy time for first responders to reach the scene, and hopefully save some other kids in the next classrooms down.

Her kid was aged 8. And had basically been reduced to “interference”

1 Like

I think they’ll be paid per confirmed kill

What if he teacher goes postal? Best arm the eldest pupil to watch the teacher.
Maybe arm the second eldest to watch the eldest pupil watch the teacher. …

2 Likes

I think Trump and the NRA are rattled now and I think this shooting could finally be the catalyst to bring out changes in the law in relation to gun control. The madness they are spewing is a defence mechanism. It’s like they have been punched and their first instinct is to swing wildly. Okay, arm the teachers to ‘harden’ schools because a ‘sicko with a mental illness’ sees it as a soft target. Supposing they make it a hard target and teachers are armed, then the ‘sicko’ sees a church as a soft target, so arm the priests. Arm the doctors, arm the nurses, arm the bus drivers, arm all employees…
Trump and the NRA hoped this furore would quieten down and pass over like it always does. But it doesn’t seem to be happening. While they’re spouting some crazy shit, at least the conversation is being had now and I think this is the first step to them tightening up their gun laws. I think it will get to the stage where politicians won’t be able to justify the millions being pumped into their careers and campaigns by the NRA and they’ll have to eventually distance themselves from the NRA. It will take decades to try to clean up the problem but if they start with these semi automatic yokes then they can gradually progress over time.
In the meantime, maybe armed security people are needed outside the schools, maybe thats happening already, I’m not sure, but I genuinely believe that this shooting is the catalyst to change the crazy attitude towards guns over there, and therefore the laws also.

Not a hope

We’ll see

You’re coming at it from the viewpoint of a rational, intelligent human, which is what I assume you are mate.
These people are not rational and their intelligence is suspect. You know, Americans.

The NRA fuckers are rattled. And I’m not one of those trump bashers because the cool thing to do is bash Trump, but by Jaysus he’s really just making it up as he goes along in this scenario, he’s talking pure shite