Another case for TFK to solve

Family held hostage as 1m stolen from BoI
Friday, 27 February 2009 11:43

A gang of armed men are being sought after a bank official and his family were held hostage at their Co Kildare home overnight.

The gang forced their way into the home of a Bank of Ireland employee in Kilteel last night and took the worker’s partner, her mother and a seven-year-old child hostage.

The man’s partner was beaten before the family was taken away in their Volkswagon Golf 05-D 33720.
Advertisement

The official, who is in his 20s, was then forced to drive his car to the Bank of Ireland in College Green and withdraw at least 1m.

He left the money in his car in Clontarf. When the gang got the money, they released the family in the Ashbourne area.

Garda are now appealing for information on the cars used in the incident, the bank official’s red Toyota Celica (99 D 8856) and the family’s dark Volkswagon Golf (05-D-33720).

Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Rathcoole/Kilteel areas at around 5.30am this morning or in the Clontarf or Ashbourne areas after 7am, are asked to contact garda on 045 884389.

No shots were fired during the incident but the family is said to be extremely traumatised.

Alibis lads?

I was warming a bottle of milk for Jerry around that time. If he could talk he would vouch for me.

Bad form beating up on the partner, hope they catch the scumbag fuckers.

I was training last night till half 10 and was in work here at 08:30. I’m sure the cameras will have got me.

Oul one working here is good friends with that family. The banker’s missus got a right few hooks off the robbers.
Some wedge to be lifting all the same.

I’m going for the employee.

a mill cash? FFS, shouldn’t there be two key holders to vaults that hold that kinda spondoulies.

Deffo the employee in his 20’s.

Fuckers for smacking around the girl, mistaken for the mother in law maybe?

I don’t have any.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]I’m going for the employee.

a mill cash? FFS, shouldn’t there be two key holders to vaults that hold that kinda spondoulies.

Deffo the employee in his 20’s.

Fuckers for smacking around the girl, mistaken for the mother in law maybe?[/quote]

It wasnt the ballygobackwards branch either, It was the fucking biggest branch in the country. I cant see how any employee would gain access to that on his own late at night. It also is a fact that the cash would be timelocked away EVERY evening without fail.

Yep, it does sound suss. Thought it was an inside job myself. If money isn’t recovered are banks insured against this sort of stuff?

Cash centre is up in College Green so they could’ve had a lot more…!!

I’ve no alibi. All I talk is shite. I talk shiiiiiiiiiiiii-it,. And they buuuuuuuyyyy-it.

Really…

What a fucking legend that fella is…

The report says he was brought to College Green though, or am I reading it wrong?

and you’d know

all about bank safes…:smiley: from what I’ve heard anyway…

joking aside, it is unusual for a single employee to access vaults afterhours; isn’t it?

Current Banking bollocks included surely a Manager/ senior has to be present when a vault is opened up, or at the very least included in the event…

Inside gig, all the way

I remember getting an interview for AIB in college and not bothering to go and the mother going mad as working for a bank was some sort of holy grail to her generation.

Getting spat on in the street.
Targetted for tiger kidnaps.
Having a load of share options in a worthless asset.

Cheers mam.

It wasn’t me anyway, I was beating up a little old lady for her pension at the time the robbery took place

http://dimbulb.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83454a03269e201053627484e970b-800wi

Estimates now have the haul at €7m. That’s some green.

not if staff collusion is even suspected.