Another GGA scandal- this is becoming boring now

I am all knowing.

Freaky :eek:

I can get to any of you.

MBB would see the grass grow

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]i disagree with MBB on this but as a GGA man he would have better knowledge-
i dont think there are many dirty players left in GGA football apart from a few northern players & they would be more sly than dirty - the game is more athletic than it was in the days of the great meath teams & some of the tougher players wouldnt have the fitness[/QUOTE]

The Kerry and Tyrone boys would be filthy enough if its needed, but its nothing like what it used to be.

more sly than filthy

For the most part you are right, but McMeniman, Dara O’ Se and Tom O’ Sullivan* are filth.

*In last few years since he lost a yard.

Do we need to start talking about Derek Kavanagh to name just one kev? There’s not a team in the Country (apart from Laois who seem to be all under 5ft and windy fooks) who dont dish it out, but few would handle what went on 20 years ago.

In my opinion a few members of the Monaghan full back line are as dirty/sneaky as whats around…

Nowadays it seems to be all about provocation and getting the opposition to react and get caught…picking at you, looking for a reaction…whereas Back in the day a lad would just line you up and try to burst you if you were getting the better of him…

True for ya. It was a simpler time. :smiley:

I’d agree with your reference to the Monaghan backline, but to be honest, there’s not a corner back in the country surviving without being filthy, perhaps Marc S is the exception to that rule. I’ve spoken to a one or two lads who’ve played on him and they’ll back that up.

[quote=“Bandage”]http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00312/brawl_indo_312003t.jpg

What’s the story with the lad on the far right? Seems to be dribbling with the ball while everyone else is getting stuck in.

Is that Niall McKeigue in the middle at the back looking for someone to hit?![/QUOTE]

For fuck sake theres no story here,handbags at midnight is whats going on there theres a good few fellas hugging,a few more watching and one lad playing a bit of soccer,ive seen more aggression at an under 11 hurling match.

P.S is that Brian Cody in the middle there with the cap?,fucking Kilkenny thug.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]For fuck sake theres no story here,handbags at midnight is whats going on there theres a good few fellas hugging,a few more watching and one lad playing a bit of soccer,ive seen more aggression at an under 11 hurling match.

P.S is that Brian Cody in the middle there with the cap?,fucking Kilkenny thug.[/QUOTE]

Ahoy there LINK, you away for a while?

The Lockes are on a 2 game winning streak, straight back up I tells ya!!

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]For fuck sake theres no story here,handbags at midnight is whats going on there theres a good few fellas hugging,a few more watching and one lad playing a bit of soccer,ive seen more aggression at an under 11 hurling match.

P.S is that Brian Cody in the middle there with the cap?,fucking Kilkenny thug.[/QUOTE]

I’d prefer if men on a GAA field didnt hug each other, or have handbags, thanks very much.

some youtube footage of the assault

[media=youtube]LyoSSy32UhQ

Shoot them, shoot them all. Muck savages.

Well said.

That horrible element has sneaked into the game of trying to get players sent off and play acting. The manliness has been taken out of it.

Mind you it is a better game now I think. Looking at that re run of Dublin and Meath a few weeks ago, while it had very hard hitting and players standing up and taking it, the standard of football was woeful.

Anyway of combining the two?

Christy Cooney was on Off The Ball last night talking about the defeated motion on the disciplinary procedures. He said that he accepted the point that, in hurling in particular, it could be seen as taking the manliness out of the game. Straight away there was a text saying that women play GAA as well.

That is what you are up against.

Manliness, thats an O Rourkism if ever I heard one. He was a right wee coont for the sneaky jab himself in his day, so he’s some lad to talk about manliness.

So would i,thats why theres no story here,the Indo editors were having a slow day Yesterday by the looks of things.