Anthony Stokes

It’s interesting to see the quotes from 2 years ago in the article on the very first post about how hard he worked in training. From the outside, it seems as if he thought he was made when he went to Sunderland when the real work to establish himself as a good player was actually only beginning.

your right he really needs to work and work hard.

think personally he has bags of it. a god kick up the arse and he may re appear on the scene, if he does it’s only good news for the irish.

He’s a little knacker. While at Falkirk he would often be in Glasgow pissin it up with his dad. He would tell Celtic players that he was going to sign for them. The day he went to Sunderland he was at Celtic Park suited and booted and ready to be paraded to the fans. When he got a call from Charlton (the EPL), he told Celtic the deal was off and flew to London, then the call came from Funderland and he shafted Charlton and signed for Keane.

He’s a prick. A certain Celtic player once said that if it wasn’t for football you would find Stokesy outside the Spar on a Friday night in Monkstown with a can of Dutch Gold in his hand…altho I think he still does it anyway. Waster.

Not my clip obviously so apologies about the soundtrack. Cracking goal today as mentioned elsewhere:

[sapo]soqaWKyjnDUzq59hOEQH[/sapo]

What A goal,showed some quality touches and A Henry like finish!

Some goal alright-Bergkamp-esque in its execution.

Cant see clip. Detailed description please

Ball sent in. Stokes takes it on the chest, volleys it up to himself over a defender’s challenge and then flicks it over the keeper into the goal. All without the ball hitting the ground.

I see he’s finally moving to a big club. Cardiff coming in with a bid.

He’ll no
Stokes won’t go

No chance, hes a key performer and been playing very well in Ronnie’s system . They can take Berget back mind you

Agreed. Stokes has always looked a better player when supporting a more direct striker. He rarely played well with Samaras who wanted to drift out to the left wing too, he rarely plays well on his own because he doesn’t get into the box enough, but put him beside Hooper or Guidetti (or Scepovic hopefully) and he is a far more dangerous prospect. I can’t imagine he has any desire to leave either. He needs this bit of stability for his career.

Vol Anthony Stokes with another goal and assist today :clap:

The Elvis lad might be able to afford a decent dye job on that Barnet now.

Deleted my feeble pun @Julio_Geordio has it on the other thread

Has to pay Elvis a few bob .

Royalties?

Royally fucked over by the court anyway.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/anthony-stokes-ordered-to-pay-230-000-to-elvis-impersonator-1.2978147

A joke of a damages award.