Anyone in Bits?

I am staring at a computer screen this morning absolutely in bits after the weekend. I went out three nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and despite having yesterday off I am still absolutely fooked. I could barely peel myself oout of bed this morning and I have aches and pains all over my body. My legs feel that they weigh about ten tonne. I have quite a bit of work to do as well but I can’t face it.

I am seriously considering staying in my apartment in Dublin for next weekend watchng the odd DVD and maybe having a few quiet pints or something because I can’t face another session like that.

I feel my machoness (word?) has taken a bit of a hammering so it would be good to know that other people were feeling similarly…

Not a bit of it Farmer. Out Friday and Saturday - not too late though, just until half twelvish both times but two early starts. Sunday I didn’t go out but I did drink a bottle and a half of wine on my own while playing Pro Evo and watching tv (that’s how you know you’re a loser).

Felt fine yesterday, fresh air at Croker undoubtedly helped as did the decision to not drink there, and I’m fine this morning, despite not sleeping until about 5am this morning.

I just went out Friday and Sunday and I’m in fine fettle this morning. I think I’m coming more and more round to the fact that I struggle badly to go out two nights in a row these days. Anyone else notice the effects of hangovers getting greater as you get older? I’m always forgetting to do stuff in work the day after I’ve been on the lock. Previously I would have been concentrating more so I wouldn’t fook up but these days I can’t help it.

Only had pints on Saturday night and even at that I didn’t have to many. In pain though as I ran 10km over a hilly course and my hips feel as if they need a transplant or summit.

not feeling the best myself. Long weekend, went ot London Friday night and went out there and again out on Saturday night. Got back home then Sunday afternoon and decided to go to Dublin for a session with some mates up there. Drank all evening and ended up in a house party til about 5 am. Drive home wasnt great, and had a few cans in the evening with my cousin playing pro evo to try ease the head. Fairly tired now today alright. And fecking training tonight, not looking forward to that at all.

Had a right old ding-dong sat night, and a few last night as well. Felt fit as a flea this morning, was up at 8.00, had the wheetabix etc and out the door. Shower of women is what ye are…

Not too bad this morning, not the maddest weekend ever.

Pub on Friday, followed by more drink at match, followed by more drink in pub, followed by a house party at which I made an absolute drunken obnoxious mess of myself, something that is probably going to have lasting consequences for me.

Saturday night same again, another late one in town. Sunday night I stayed in with my demons, but Sunday night the one person who I didn’t want to find out about my world-class performance on Friday night, has [I think] found out. So yesterday was spent in work and yesterday evening/last night was spent, again, with my demons, at home, drinking cans of Euroshopper, watching an awful drama called Eden on RTE1. Doesn’t get much worse.

So Saturday and Monday

versus

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

You’re the woman.

Fair point! But i’m no woman… I pity the fool…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]So Saturday and Monday

versus

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

You’re the woman.[/quote]

Didn’t touch a drop over the weekend and I’m flying today. To be honest I wouldn’t contemplate drinking with the big astro kick-off only two weeks away. Going to try and stay off it next weekend too.

went out early friday for the gold cup which ended up a late finish…had a few curers saturady morning and that was that…i personaly think that paddys day along with new years eve are the two most overhyped anti climaxs of drinking days…have eased up on the beer intake as i try and regain a bit of my fitness and i must say i have saved a fortune over the last 5 weeks easily a grand i make out…

I personally agree.

Absolutley spot on. I never go drinking on Paddys day. Everybody seems to think you have to go drinking on Paddys Day. Ask me arse.

Useless lads, Paddy’s Day and New Years are great for the gargles. By avoiding these bumper craic days by sitting at home “thinking” they are shite, you are only fooling yourselves. I’d a great evening last night.

I don’t go in for the whole new year’s eve thing at all but I don’t mind St. Patrick’s Day for some reason even though I didn’t bother going out yesterday. That said there’s been other years where we had great laugh like the time we broke into a house in Blackrock and pissed in the hall for example. I generally try to avoid the ol ol ol brigade and just go for pints in a few different establishments with my mates and it’s usually good fun. It can be a good day to pull too as it’s one of the few days of the year where the birds have been drinking since early afternoon (as opposed to us doing so every Saturday) and they might not be in full control of their senses. You must be careful to avoid planting one in a pissed up 15-year old though even if she’s tarted up to look older.

Im surprised by you Ben. Paddys day is abhorrent.

Quite correct Bandage, birds were as wet as windshield wipers yesterday!

It’s fooking great craic, the only day of the year you can paint your face and only look slightly stupid!

Ah, face painting - I haven’t done that since the night of the 2006 World Cup Final when DTwo were giving out free blue face paint to mark the occasion on the Sunday night. Took ages to get it off before work on Monday mind.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I am staring at a computer screen this morning absolutely in bits after the weekend. I went out three nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and despite having yesterday off I am still absolutely fooked. I could barely peel myself oout of bed this morning and I have aches and pains all over my body. My legs feel that they weigh about ten tonne. I have quite a bit of work to do as well but I can’t face it.

I am seriously considering staying in my apartment in Dublin for next weekend watchng the odd DVD and maybe having a few quiet pints or something because I can’t face another session like that.

I feel my machoness (word?) has taken a bit of a hammering so it would be good to know that other people were feeling similarly…[/quote]

I’m as sick as a small plane to lourdes this afternoon. 3 Monster sessions on the trot which culminated in drinking brandy from the Tommy Moore Cup at 5am this morning has me feeling a bit worse for wear at present. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend though and visited some of my favourite watering holes in Dublin which I regularly frequented when I lived up there.