Are you all set for The Christmas

Hg

Listening to a lovely selection here to get me in the festive spirit.

7 Likes

Tear in my eye here listening to Oh Holy Night

2 Likes

The choir in my local church give a savage rendition of this. Really makes the Christmas. The church is lit only by Candlelight and this is always the last song of the night, it’s magical.

2 Likes

Sleep in heavenly peace

We’ve just watched Love Actually there now. It really is a tremendous film. The young fella particularly enjoyed it, he really got most of the storylines and jokes for the first time. A great film to watch if you have teenagers.

I’m watching the Carols by Candelight on 9. They reckon there’s a good chance of another lunatic taking out a few down there. I’ll give it another 15.

This is the best day of the year. Even though Santa won’t be visiting tonight, there is still something magical about today and there’s still an air of expectation

3 Likes

Venite adoramus, Venite adoramus, Venite adoramus, Dominium!!

Red Hurley on now with the professional howyas.

I’ve the gravy just started there now. A big ignoramous of a turkey in the fridge.

Wha?

Nothing to be done here. It’s the mother in laws birthday today so we’re taking her out for a bit of dinner and into the mammy for dinner tomorrow. Won’t be thrown up any pretend pictures of goose fat and lard

Hitting the hay now.

Up at 5am for a full “slate” of NFL, and wrap the last of the presents. What a wonderful way to start the day.

1 Like

Spanner thrown in the works here. All the shopping had been done weeks and I’d a handy day lined up. I was all set for a morning jog, then cook some dinner for the in laws and then into town for 4 (FOUR) pints.

Mrs is wrapping the presents and realises some stereo yoke she got her folks is Bluetooth enabled only. The fucking thing doesn’t have a plug. Now we’ve to go get something else. I do not fancy heading into town.

Cc the I’m heading into town now thread

1 Like

There isn’t a sinner in Limerick, it’s actually quite pleasant, I had to come in to collect dry cleaning but I’m having a nice stroll around now and a sausage and egg McMuffin

This is good news as I have to drive in due to the size of this fucking stereo thing. I’ll park opposite Debenhams

Watching a documentary on Planxty here on YouTube on the 43 inch LG. Planxty were very much the Irish version of prog rock and krautrock.

1 Like

Whats it called?I

Dunno. If you google Planxty No Disco, you’ll get it.

1 Like