Assault/Affray

So, Charges of assault were dropped on SG.
Now he faces a charge of Affray.
According to the cc-tv how did this not qualify as assault?

These kid of dicks have to be put behind bars for a while to teach them a lesson.

Also, I read in the paper yesterday that a drug dealer was given zero years (all suspended) for dealing in drugs as they said he was “only in it for the money” and they are confident he won’t re-offend.
This sounds very very suspect.
In that case it’s ok to wreck peoples lives once your only dealing drugs to make money. Strange country this.

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]So, Charges of assault were dropped on SG.
Now he faces a charge of Affray.
According to the cc-tv how did this not qualify as assault?

These kid of dicks have to be put behind bars for a while to teach them a lesson.

Also, I read in the paper yesterday that a drug dealer was given zero years (all suspended) for dealing in drugs as they said he was “only in it for the money” and they are confident he won’t re-offend.
This sounds very very suspect.
In that case it’s ok to wreck peoples lives once your only dealing drugs to make money. Strange country this.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

He got a 7 year sentence with ALL of it suspended. I had to read the article 3 times to see if I was missing something. He must have helped to send down a big player or something?

That’s fucking ridiculous. What else would he be in it for? The exercise?

to look cool infront of his SRFC buddies?

:smiley:

Only the 74 previous convictions

74 previous convictions “ only one for assault “

Fucks sake.

He told the court the witnesses said that Hughes had pulled down the blinds, locked the doors and asked people not to call an ambulance saying: “I’m not going back to jail.”

jesus wept.

And ironically he is.

8 Years is scandalous in fairness.

1 Like

Short? The sentence is more than double one that happened in Ennis a number of years ago. The two convicted then, had similar number of priors. Ridiculous

1 Like

“Judge Alymer said Hughes has been described as a model prisoner who had obtained a certificate in an alternatives to violence project.”

That’s alright so.

@Garda_Sean_Horgan was probably the most tedious poster in INTERNET history across numerous fora

2 Likes

It was a one post joke that he strung out for about 10 years

1 Like