Attn Rocko, NCC, and any other North Dublin Seaboarders

yeah ,its good there alright but its always fairly empty for some reason?

I think the previous restaraunt wasn’t great but I find the food there very good.
You forgot Silkes for the Chinese food as well, Ro and Vonny’s favourite negotiating venue…

You might be waiting a while in Silkes but nice food.
Bon Appetite is just class. Expensive but worth it for a treat.
As it’s wexford folk coming up I recommend the bit of road between the M1 interchange at Donabate/hearse road and the firrst roundabout going to swords. At Lissenhall in fact. Some lovely stawberries are sold there on a daily basis.
You can just go down tot he roundabout at swords and then get more strawberries on the way back up the hill.
Sundays In Newbridge house in Donabate have stalls selling breads and cupcakes and flowers and veggies and there is BBQ etc. Not bad if the weather is nice.
Tons of class Golfing track.
Personally I would stay in teh Grand in Malahide, and eat and drink in Malahide and drive to Newbridge/Ardgillan etc.
Stoop your head in Skerries is nice.
Rush and Lusk are fine for some pram watching or post office robbery watching.
Peortmarnock is another dive though. Never liked it.
St.Itas in Portrane is worth a drive in to see the lunies and shout at them and call them all crazy.
simple, cheap fun.

Yours etc,
GSH.

might hit Newgrange house at the weekend GSH- heard its a good day out

The animal farm is nice for the kids…

You bring them into Dublin city center around 2pm on Sunday they should be able to see lots and lots of animals.

thats what I heard mullach ide- will probably head saturday

on a side note can some of the muldoons on here please explain this curious phenomenen, the last few weeks ive brought grace to dublin zoo & as there may be a match on its full of swampdonkeys. the odd thing is that when you go there, the petting zoo is absolutely swamped with boggers looking at cattle & sheep & pigs yet fuck all of them go to the animals of the jungle section or the arctic section- 99% of boggers live on famrs yet they see it as a treat seeing a cow in the zoo-bizarre

Bizarre indeed, NCC.

You would constitute anyone outside of Dublin to be a bogger NCC, I can understand that. However there are folks from the boglands who believe themselves to be “townies” and would not know a bullock from a heifer. It is these type people that you more than likely encountered?

Did Gracie enjoy her trip to the Zoo? I find it has come on a huge amount since my own childhood.

we have a family pass so we go regularly but id say she is too young to appreeciate it fully - the playgrounds are good though

just out of interest, what would the general opinion be on siam thai in malahide?

thumbs up from me, good food, lively atmosphere- a couple of hot waitresses

asians?

some hot thai birds- not all of them but 1 or 2

To my mind, the food was better in the old location, still a nice atmosphere, great fun arguing about whether the singer is miming or not.
It’s a yes from me…

Sounds crazy

To two scamps like yourself and Rintintin maybe not, you wouldn’t understand it’s a Fingal thing…

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/murphy-malahide-rumours-are-false-say-senior-gardai-2323275.html

:lol:

i was shocked when i heard this

Portmarnock (Port Mearnóg in Irish) is a town north of the city of Dublin in the County Fingal (previously North County Dublin) in the Republic of Ireland. It lies on the coast and, owing to its proximity to Dublin city, is a dormitory town 15 km north-northeast of the city centre. The town is situated along the Northern commuter railway line out of Dublin. Portmarnock station is also on the DART network. See rail transport in Ireland.

The town’s name derives from the Irish word port – meaning bank (e.g. of a river) – and Saint Marnoch or Mernoc, also remembered in the name of Kilmarnock in Scotland. He is said to have arrived in what is now Portmarnock in the 5th century AD. The area had been settled thousands of years before, in Neolithic times. A number of remains of activity in the Portmarnock area from these times is still evident today, with flints and other tools having been excavated at the north fringe of Portmarnock, while the remains of a ring fort are visible from the air at the south of the town. The son of Queen Maedhbh of Connaught - Maine - is also said to have been buried locally.