Australia - a beacon of light in a darkened world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2KVIyZFgs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KIB mans thread about the spudmunchers been shit at sport really has got to you

THE Queensland Rugby League (QRL) is monitoring an investigation into an on-field claim that ex-NRL player Anthony Watts bit another player on the penis during a melee in the Gold Coast competition.

A Bilambil player pulled down his shorts and alerted match officials to the alleged incident after the first half brawl sparked by Tugun’s Watts in the Gold Coast Rugby League (GCRL) Bycroft Cup preliminary final on Sunday.

The player declined to make an official complaint but GCRL operations manager Tom Marzella confirmed they were reviewing footage of the match and could lay charges if there was sufficient evidence.

READ MORE: Watts leaves NRL, joins Finks

READ MORE: Rugby league’s dirtiest acts

Watts appeared before media in Brisbane on Monday with his solicitor Mark Williams to deny the allegation.

William said Watts “absolutely denies that any biting of any nature has taken place”.

“Now, if there has been any contact made to that particular area of this gentleman’s body, our client apologises.”

Williams said rugby league was a full contact professional sport and contact was made during play to all parts of people’s bodies.

“Whether it is real or imagined, contact can occur and that is a very real risk,” he said.

Marzella said the QRL asked to be kept up to date with the investigation due to the allegation’s seriousness.

“We will know more tomorrow,” he added.

"We have to wait for reports from match officials and the clubs involved before the judiciary panel meets this afternoon to review the situation.

"It can’t move ahead until then.

“Like any biting charge, while this is a little more unusual, we just have to follow procedure.”

Conclusive evidence may be difficult to find as only one video camera was used at the match.

In June, ex-North Queensland and Sydney Roosters utility Watts confirmed he had given up on an NRL comeback and that he had become a member of Gold Coast bikie gang the Finks.

Officials will review video footage of the match to see if Anthony Watts, centre in blue, bit his opponent. Source: News Limited

Earlier: RUGBY league officials are investigating allegations former NRL bad boy and Finks bikie associate Anthony Watts bit another player on the penis during a match on the Gold Coast on Sunday afternoon.

Officials are understood to be reviewing video footage from the game after the opposing Bilambil player refused to make an official complaint after the preliminary final at Tugun.

In the latest incident involving the former North Queensland Cowboy and Sydney Rooster, the opposing player alerted match officials to the incident during a first-half melee of the Bycroft Cup game at Boyd Street by pulling down his shorts.

The recently inducted Finks member fronted media in Brisbane briefly today with a lawyer to reject the claim he had bitten his opponent’s penis.

Solicitor Mark Williams, of Potts Lawyers, said his client “absolutely denies that any biting of any nature has taken place”.

“Now, if there has been any contact made to that particular area of this gentleman’s body, our client apologises,” Mr Williams said.

Watts grimaced and shook his head at mention of the allegations but declined to comment himself.

Mr Williams said his client played “a full contact professional sport and during play, contact is made to all parts of people’s bodies”.

" Whether it is real or imagined, contact can occur and that is a very real risk," he said.

A number of players were involved in the melee, which was sparked by troubled Tugun player Watts pushing a Bilambil player.

The entire incident was placed on report in the 39th minute by the referee but the player who made the biting allegation later chose to not pursue claims with league officials.

Players have until 30 minutes after the game to lodge a written complaint.

However, the GCRL will review footage of the incident and has the power to lay charges if there is sufficient evidence which could lead to suspension ahead of Sunday’s grand final between Tugun and Southport at Pizzey Park.

- with Travis Meyn, Gold Coast Bulletin

Bikie o_O

independent.co.uk

After enduring charges of racism, drug use and match fixing, the Australian Football League (AFL) was forced to apologise today for a bizarre prank in which a dwarf entertainer was set alight during annual end-of-season festivities.

Blake Johnston, a professional entertainer with the company Dwarf My Party, was hired by the St Kilda AFL team for its celebration at a Melbourne pub. During the evening – traditionally an alcohol-fuelled occasion known as “Mad Monday” – one player, Clinton Jones, crept up behind Mr Johnston and set fire to his trousers and shirt, using a gas lighter.

The flames were quickly doused, and Mr Johnston received only minor injuries, but he felt “absolutely humiliated” and “very, very shaken”, according to a colleague. To make matters worse, the AFL’s chief executive, Andrew Demetriou, burst out laughing on national television when informed about the incident.

Mr Demetriou, who usually shows little patience towards errant players, subsequently apologised, saying he initially thought a fellow panellist on Channel Seven’s Talking Footy show – who told him about it on air – was having him on.

“I thought it was a joke… After I found out that it was true, it’s just reprehensible,” he said. “I was flabbergasted. That would have been one thing I could never have predicted that we would deal with.”

Several AFL teams have been embroiled in damaging scandals during the 2013 season, with the Melbourne side Essendon disqualified from competition and fined A$2m (£1.1m) – the largest penalty ever imposed – for the suspected use of banned supplements.

That affair followed an investigation into allegations that Melbourne Football Club deliberately lost matches in 2009 in order to secure an advantage – given to poorly performing teams – in signing new players during the annual draft. Although the club was formally cleared in February, its football manager and coach were suspended for their role in fielding players in unfamiliar positions.

Then there was the “King Kong” scandal in May, after a 13-year-old girl racially abused Adam Goodes, an Aboriginal player with the Sydney Swans, calling him an “ape” during a match against Collingwood.

Collingwood’s president, Eddie McGuire, apologised to Goodes – then, just days later, while presenting his regular radio show, he suggested that the footballer could help promote the new King Kong musical. The club stood by Mr McGuire, who was sent for “tolerance” counselling.

Now the Mad Monday incident – which is being investigated by police – has once again highlighted the ugly side of the sport. Mr Johnston – who also wrestles, under the name Mr Big – was reportedly targeted during horseplay with the lighter, which the players were using to set fire to each other’s shoelaces and fancy dress costumes.

His colleague, Arthur Serevetas, told Channel Nine television: “A player went behind my friend with one of those gas lighters that you light up a stove and basically lit him up. Part of his shirt and pants [trousers] caught on fire.”

Jones, who has been fined $3,000 by the AFL, apologised, saying he and his teammates “were engaged in end-of-season activities which in hindsight were quite childish” and he “made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity”.

Mad Monday – observed by all the football codes – has created lurid headlines in recent years, with a rugby league player, Joel Monaghan, sacked by the Canberra Raiders in 2010 after being photographed simulating a sex act with a dog. In 2008, a soccer player, Andre Gumprecht, attended his team’s festivities dressed as Adolf Hitler.

The most bizare thing about this story is that Mad Mondays are still happening. Especially at a club like St Kilda, who should be in the top 4 every season with th players they have. Instead, they have been a total disgrace all year, the softest team in the AFL. If I was president of the club, having fought off resignations calls, I’d sack the coach, cancel mad monday and have the fuckers in a 2 week boot camp.

A lot of clubs are looking at scrapping mad mondays.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 826362, member: 236”]

A lot of clubs are looking at scrapping mad mondays.[/quote]

Ah fuck off, cancel a good session? Are we still talking about Australians in this thread?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 826362, member: 236”]The most bizare thing about this story is that Mad Mondays are still happening. Especially at a club like St Kilda, who should be in the top 4 every season with th players they have. Instead, they have been a total disgrace all year, the softest team in the AFL. If I was president of the club, having fought off resignations calls, I’d sack the coach, cancel mad monday and have the fuckers in a 2 week boot camp.

A lot of clubs are looking at scrapping mad mondays.[/quote]

We had none, and it’s exactly what they need. We have a squad of guys together for a whole season who still haven’t all spoke to each other. A good bonding session with lots of messiness and stories is exactly what they need.

Groups of people who work professionally go on Christmas parties every year to have a blow out and enjoy themselves. Why should footballers be any different? It’s a typical narrow view that the public has that sports people have to act a certain way all the time and are not normal people.

What happens with AFL footballers happens with every young group of men everywhere. Ya some are a bit dim and uneducated and do some retarded things, but that’s hardly a surprise is it?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826377, member: 273”]We had none, and it’s exactly what they need. We have a squad of guys together for a whole season who still haven’t all spoke to each other. A good bonding session with lots of messiness and stories is exactly what they need.

Groups of people who work professionally go on Christmas parties every year to have a blow out and enjoy themselves. Why should footballers be any different? It’s a typical narrow view that the public has that sports people have to act a certain way all the time and are not normal people.

What happens with AFL footballers happens with every young group of men everywhere. Ya some are a bit dim and uneducated and do some retarded things, but that’s hardly a surprise is it?[/quote]

I know what you’re saying Kev, ad its fine for an amateur team. But this is supposed to be a professional sports team, full of alleged professional athletes. In the specific case of St Kilda, none of these useless cunts should be showing their faces in public until pre-season training considering how utterly hopeless they have been this year.

The AFL is strongly trying to scrap clubs from doing thse, as they just lead to more and more bad press. Times have changed and these are brands that suffer damage every time a mad monday happens. Thats the simple businss fact. These teams are togther all season, they go on training camps together, they shouldn’t have to go and get rotten drunk to bond. They’re not Irish rugby players aftrall.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826377, member: 273”]We had none, and it’s exactly what they need. We have a squad of guys together for a whole season who still haven’t all spoke to each other. A good bonding session with lots of messiness and stories is exactly what they need.

What happens with AFL footballers happens with every young group of men everywhere. Ya some are a bit dim and uneducated and do some retarded things, but that’s hardly a surprise is it?[/quote]

didnt one die last year?
This year they set someone on fire

I think its fair to assume that these things go to far and the actions are not the actions of normal people

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 826381, member: 236”]I know what you’re saying Kev, ad its fine for an amateur team. But this is supposed to be a professional sports team, full of alleged professional athletes. In the specific case of St Kilda, none of these useless cunts should be showing their faces in public until pre-season training considering how utterly hopeless they have been this year.

The AFL is strongly trying to scrap clubs from doing thse, as they just lead to more and more bad press. Times have changed and these are brands that suffer damage every time a mad monday happens. Thats the simple businss fact. These teams are togther all season, they go on training camps together, they shouldn’t have to go and get rotten drunk to bond. They’re not Irish rugby players aftrall.[/quote]

I’m talking about professional sport, and I’m working with a semi professional team. Not amateur.

My point is about them being pro’s. they are professionals just like carpenters, accountants, sales men and everyone else.

Who are you are anyone to tell these guys what to do on their own time.

The fact that leading people in the AFL and sports media are dionasors living in another era and keep putting their foot in it is another matter.

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 826382, member: 80”]didnt one die last year?

I think its fair to assume that these things go to far and the actions are not the actions of normal people[/quote]

The guy who died was alone, trying to get into his hotel room while pissed. Has nothing to do with football.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826383, member: 273”]I’m talking about professional sport, and I’m working with a semi professional team. Not amateur.

My point is about them being pro’s. they are professionals just like carpenters, accountants, sales men and everyone else.

Who are you are anyone to tell these guys what to do on their own time.

The fact that leading people in the AFL and sports media are dionasors living in another era and keep putting their foot in it is another matter.[/quote]

Who am I? I’m a punter, a supporter of teams who pays money for me and my family to go and support our teams. If I’m a St Kilda supporter, I’m probably fucking livid about what an utterly shit, lazy display they have put in this year. This whole “ah sure, what they do in their own time” if well and good, but when it involves going out, getting massively pissed (athletes my hole), raping young wans, setting dwarves on fire, being filmed in threesomes etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, well no, I don’t think its alright when a club is then asking me to pay yearly increases on memberships and ticket prices and promoting their brand and players as role models. I have a 10 year old kid who is obsessed with sport and believe me, he is influenced by these guys. If I set a dwarf on fire at a work function (and a mad monday, no matter how you dress it up is a club sanctioned function), I get sacked. If I have rape charges laid against me, I get sacked. If I go and get so unbelievably drunk that I end up in a cell for the night, unless I’m very lucky, I get sacked.

This whole thing of “its in their own time” or “they’re not role models and we shouldn’t look at them like that” is bullshit. It is not their own time, they are role models, they want our money and our support and they want to sell us stuff on behalf of their sponsors. If they want to behave like that, then they should leave professional sport, take a massive pay cut and do an ordinary job like the rest of us and then try to hang onto that job.

If they’re professional’s, then why are they acting like fucking no hoper amateurs? Why should I pay them? Because I’m the one paying their wages, thats who I am.

it was a team holiday

Kev, if the dwarf set on fire was an aborigine, would you change your view?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 826386, member: 236”]Who am I? I’m a punter, a supporter of teams who pays money for me and my family to go and support our teams. If I’m a St Kilda supporter, I’m probably fucking livid about what an utterly shit, lazy display they have put in this year. This whole “ah sure, what they do in their own time” if well and good, but when it involves going out, getting massively pissed (athletes my hole), raping young wans, setting dwarves on fire, being filmed in threesomes etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, well no, I don’t think its alright when a club is then asking me to pay yearly increases on memberships and ticket prices and promoting their brand and players as role models. I have a 10 year old kid who is obsessed with sport and believe me, he is influenced by these guys. If I set a dwarf on fire at a work function (and a mad monday, no matter how you dress it up is a club sanctioned function), I get sacked. If I have rape charges laid against me, I get sacked. If I go and get so unbelievably drunk that I end up in a cell for the night, unless I’m very lucky, I get sacked.

This whole thing of “its in their own time” or “they’re not role models and we shouldn’t look at them like that” is bullshit. It is not their own time, they are role models, they want our money and our support and they want to sell us stuff on behalf of their sponsors. If they want to behave like that, then they should leave professional sport, take a massive pay cut and do an ordinary job like the rest of us and then try to hang onto that job.

If they’re professional’s, then why are they acting like fucking no hoper amateurs? Why should I pay them? Because I’m the one paying their wages, thats who I am.[/quote]

You do realise the season is over ya?

They are holidays. The fact that you pay for entertaient or membership to a club does not give you a right to tell somebody what they should or shouldn’t do. Absolutely none.

I know you think you’re a big shot now firing people.

Throwing in the stuff about rape really shows the argument you are making has nothing to do with Mad Monday. Someone who can’t handle their alcohol an is abusive or violent to women is someone who can’t handle their alcohol an is abusive or violent to women. They just happen to be well known because they are a footballer. It is completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

If they break the law they break the law, just more people know. But being stupid is not a crime.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 826386, member: 236”]Who am I? I’m a punter, a supporter of teams who pays money for me and my family to go and support our teams. If I’m a St Kilda supporter, I’m probably fucking livid about what an utterly shit, lazy display they have put in this year. This whole “ah sure, what they do in their own time” if well and good, but when it involves going out, getting massively pissed (athletes my hole), raping young wans, setting dwarves on fire, being filmed in threesomes etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, well no, I don’t think its alright when a club is then asking me to pay yearly increases on memberships and ticket prices and promoting their brand and players as role models. I have a 10 year old kid who is obsessed with sport and believe me, he is influenced by these guys. If I set a dwarf on fire at a work function (and a mad monday, no matter how you dress it up is a club sanctioned function), I get sacked. If I have rape charges laid against me, I get sacked. If I go and get so unbelievably drunk that I end up in a cell for the night, unless I’m very lucky, I get sacked.

If they’re professional’s, then why are they acting like fucking no hoper amateurs? Why should I pay them? Because I’m the one paying their wages, thats who I am.[/quote]

On last point. Don’t go. Don’t support them

You don’t pay them you fool.

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 826382, member: 80”]didnt one die last year?

I think its fair to assume that these things go to far and the actions are not the actions of normal people[/quote]

Fucking hell mate, are you ok? I’m finding hard to disagree with your posts these days.

That’s a fucking shocking attitude Kev. Do people ending up in hospital after Xmas parties have anything to do with their place of work?

Where did I say any of this particular incident is ok? If you are going to question me question me in something I actually said.

My response to ditzy was in relation to tarring everyone with one brush and banning off season holidays and piss ups. Where the fuck does it stop? They can’t tell these guys what to do all of their lives.

Once they turn up IN-Season and pre-season and do their job then nothing else matters. If they do something illegal then That’s another matter

[quote=“Mac, post: 826396, member: 109”]Fucking hell mate, are you ok? I’m finding hard to disagree with your posts these days.

That’s a fucking shocking attitude Kev. Do people ending up in hospital after Xmas parties have anything to do with their place of work?[/quote]

What are you in about. Him falling off the side of the roof while pissed could happen anywhere. It happened cos he was pissed, not cos he’s a footballer.