Australia - a beacon of light in a darkened world

No it was not. The club did not fund it. It was a group of work mates on a holiday. From memory there was guys not from PA on the trip as well.

It’s awful what happened, but shit like that happens every week on the Gold Coast or in New York or in Vegas.

Young men do stupid things. Banning them from going out with their mates or on holidays with their area is outrageous, and the fucking arrogance out of that cunt ditzy saying he should have a say in what these lads do with their time is exactly what is fucking wrong with the world (and sport in particular). Every cunt thinks they can have a say and control people like footballers

Fitzy talking incredible shit here. Players shouldn’t ever go out during the off-season i) because he has a son and ii) their high jinks could damage their “brand”. FFS sake.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826395, member: 273”]On last point. Don’t go. Don’t support them

You don’t pay them you fool.[/quote]

Fucks sake Kev, where else is the money coming from that pays them?

While I don’t agree with stopping these players from going on the piss during the off-season the punishment of a $3000 fine for setting someone on fire seems a little lenient

anyone here anything about the demise of the cuttlefish in SA

really sad to see

hope the stocks can be replenished

Who fined him? The club?

Unless someone makes a complaint then legally there is really no repucussions.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826788, member: 273”]Who fined him? The club?

Unless someone makes a complaint then legally there is really no repucussions.[/quote]
Surely the police can investigate whether or not someone has made a complaint?

Unless someone makes a complaint then legally there is really no repucussions.[/quote]

AFL fined him. Do you think it is sufficient punishment?

Of course they can, but if everyone keeps their mouth shut and no property was damaged then I’m not sure they can.

Fran - depends on his salary. Probably not.

police are investigating the matter

Ya but what will happen? The cops will interview a few people, they’ll have their story ready and that’ll be the end of it?

Meanwhile they are making a huge things agin of a Brisbane Lion (as yet unnamed) who abused a lad in a wheelchair during the week while pissed. He called him a retard or something. Now obviously it’s morally out of line and just makes the guy look like a scumbag, but is it necessary for all the attention? This guy has made a complaint, to who I don’t know (cops or club?). As someone who grew up with a wheelchair bound person there is no way in the world we (or he would) would make a complaint of any sort. I seriously doubt anything would have been said were it not a professional sports person.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826809, member: 273”]Ya but what will happen? The cops will interview a few people, they’ll have their story ready and that’ll be the end of it?

Meanwhile they are making a huge things agin of a Brisbane Lion (as yet unnamed) who abused a lad in a wheelchair during the week while pissed. He called him a retard or something. Now obviously it’s morally out of line and just makes the guy look like a scumbag, but is it necessary for all the attention? This guy has made a complaint, to who I don’t know (cops or club?). As someone who grew up with a wheelchair bound person there is no way in the world we (or he would) would make a complaint of any sort. I seriously doubt anything would have been said were it not a professional sports person.[/quote]

turns out he started pushing the lad in the wheelchair around against the guys wishes and then threw a kebab at him

so mad monday has brought us 2 outrageous incidents yet you still think its fine?

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 826925, member: 80”]turns out he started pushing the lad in the wheelchair around against the guys wishes and then threw a kebab at him

so mad monday has brought us 2 outrageous incidents yet you still think its fine?[/quote]

Completely. Wheeling a guy around in a wheelchair is hardly outrageous. As for throwing a kebab at him? What makes the man in the wheelchair any less entitled to have a kebab thrown at him?

Are you suggesting people in wheelchairs are different and should be treated differently?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826946, member: 273”]Completely. Wheeling a guy around in a wheelchair is hardly outrageous. As for throwing a kebab at him? What makes the man in the wheelchair any less entitled to have a kebab thrown at him?

Are you suggesting people in wheelchairs are different and should be treated differently?[/quote]

wheeling a guy in a wheelchair around without is wishes isnt outrageous?

you may not think so but the victim does and made a complaint to the police

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 826946, member: 273”]Completely. Wheeling a guy around in a wheelchair is hardly outrageous. As for throwing a kebab at him? What makes the man in the wheelchair any less entitled to have a kebab thrown at him?

Are you suggesting people in wheelchairs are different and should be treated differently?[/quote]
This is a wind up, right?

:confused:

Jesus Christ, you’re gone too long mate, come home

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 826952, member: 80”]wheeling a guy in a wheelchair around without is wishes isnt outrageous?

you may not think so but the victim does and made a complaint to the police[/quote]

Answer the question.

This has been very telling. 2 of the soundest lads on the site, Horsebox & Count, marked my post funny.

All the idiots took it as 100% serious.

Says it all.

Tony Abbott will turn it around.

we have a liberal gov here in QLD and they have decimated the public service

thankfully we stuck by the ALP in the federal election