Aviation Thread (https://www.reforestnation.ie/offset-your-carbon)

Where else is Limerick supposed to put its airport? There’s no point wasting some of our prime agricultural land when we can stick it on a rock in Clare.

+1. The wrangler jeans melt down last week was shocking.

Sorry RTT I should have acknowledged Mac’s abilities as a googler.

You can fuck off Bandage, you weirdo.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 668307”]

You can fuck off Bandage, you weirdo.[/quote]

There we go. A strange outburst.

Any advice on bringing a suit on a plane lads? I have a wedding to travel back for in the summer and wonder if it’s possible to carry a suit without being charged an extortionate price and not getting it all crinkled. I might just end up buying a suit back home or get the ferry home - although that just makes the journey really excessive.

Would a suit bag not do the job? I’m sure you could carry it onto the plane as hand luggage. Then lay it out neatly in the overhead storage thingy or hang it on the back of the seat in front.

Get a suit bag Totti. That’s the answer.

Something like this Fagan?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DB5GIRWtL.jpg
Will this cater for hand luggage or will I have to add it as extra baggage?

[quote=“Mr. Totti, post: 668312”]

Something like this Fagan?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DB5GIRWtL.jpg
Will this cater for hand luggage or will I have to add it as extra baggage?[/quote]

That should be just the job Totti. Any reasonable airline would be ok with at as hand baggage. Ryanair might break your balls over it though.

Wear it. Then at the wedding it will match the two day old shirt.

:lol:

Couple of notable points on last nights flight in from Stansted.

1. Guy with a cap with flaps that come down over the ears (in May) gets on and starts roaring at the hostess about how he paid three hundred quid for the flight and now they’d just made him pay another 50 for his bag. He was incoherent with rage. But got zero sympathy from his fellow passengers who peppered him with beauties like “sit down FFS”, “your bag is too big” and my favourite “get a smaller bag”

2. Chief hostess Katie could not pronounce Captain Lupisa’s name. She couldn’t pronounce it a way that suggested that she had never heard of the guy before his name was written on a sheet of paper. It kind of reminded me a bit of a junior hurling manager reading out a team that was filled out with a couple of lads dragged out of mass. This was not a comforting thought.

I wouldn’t be comforted by Ryanair’s results this morning either. Income is up but passenger numbers are static. If you assume costs are cut to the bone (and if you ever fly with them you won’t come to any other conclusion) then the only way they will continue to increase profits will be to increase fares. With their own unique approach to rewarding customer loyalty this will not necessarily be a slam dunk.

I missed by connecting flight in Amsterdam yesterday by 3 minutes due to some cunt who didnt who didn’t show up and delayed my initial flight by 15 minutes. Had to kill 4 and a half hours in Schipel due to this but it must be said that the KLM staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful in all of this including giving me a €20 food voucher and a €50 euro voucher off my next flight with them, the likes of Ryanair would tell you to go and whistle.

They are a marvelous airline to travel with.

arent they guilty of the worst air disaster ever when a pilot overruled air traffic control

i live near an airfield now- i spot some absolute beauties each day and spend any free time I have watching the planes coming in

would forumites be interested if I used this thread to log the flights?

As the crow flies?

Or swims.

You missed that on purpose so you could spend the four hours scampering around the back alleys of Amsterdam. How come you couldn’t be on time? Fair careless missing a flight by three minutes. When i flew home last week i had myself organised to be in the airport 2hrs 30mins before i flight departed so i could get drunk before i got on the plane, also read the paper and had a lovely meal.

Wasn’t responsible for booking the ticket or organising the trip. Handled by a third party

That would be sensational if you could keep us briefed mate.