Aviation Thread (https://www.reforestnation.ie/offset-your-carbon)

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 975882, member: 706”]Flight FR297 from Stansted to Dublin tonight. London was steaming hot today and tempers were frayed as the passengers queued for the flight. As an aside - in the immortal words of a Kilkenny contributor to AFR the fear is gone. People carried second bags willy-nilly, carried oversized suitcases on to the plane without fear of censure. Anyway the stars of the flight were John, Jen, Leesha and Nanny. John, Jen and Nanny were obviously supping away goodo and missed the gate going up on the board.

They staggered onto the flight as it was about to take off. John - who had that skin tone unique to gentlemen who drink on canal banks loudly exclaimed that you’d think they’d have a proper fuckin announcement system in the airport. Oblivious to the fact that the other 200 people on the plane had somehow managed to figure that one out.

The next exchange went
Jen - put me bag up John
John - there’s no fuckin room
Jen - I paid for fuckin room
John - it’s first come first fuckin served, sit on de fuckin thing.
Nanny - I’m having a nervous breakdown listening to ye
Leesha - I want chips.

They then sent Stacey a text. Somewhere over the Irish Sea Jen checked her phone and was aghast that Stacey hadn’t replied.

Leesha got chips but John nicked half of them. He then harangued Leesha being so scabby that she wouldn’t Nanny a chip. Nanny and Jen were tucking into the Heineken at this stage and were in great spirits when they landed. John and Jen held hands as they got off the plane[/QUOTE]

That’s a post and a half :clap:

Host of aircraft passing over the house all day on their way to the airshow in Foynes.

These guys have been over a few times

Are security delays in London airports as bad as the media are reporting?

Aer Lingus move to T2 in Heathrow from Wednesday - feel free to pass on any tips for fellow travellers.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 978074, member: 1786”]Host of aircraft passing over the house all day on their way to the airshow in Foynes.

These guys have been over a few times

http://www.simplyplanes.co.uk/images/pages_images/display_teams/team_guinot/breitling_team_gallery/breitling_team_wing_walkers_3_larger.jpg[/QUOTE]

I heard there was chaos in Foynes, two hour tailbacks the works

Traffic was stopped back as far as the new graveyard and slow all the way from Kildimo.

Must have been a massive crowd there

RTE news said 10k, Limerick Leader said 20k.

Didn’t look too packed from the pictures I saw.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 978652, member: 1786”]RTE news said 10k, Limerick Leader said 20k.

Didn’t look too packed from the pictures I saw.[/QUOTE]

Just good old piss poor organisation so?

They get more floods than crowds in Foynes.

The RTE news feature was awful, not helped by seeing a disliked neighbour getting a central billing.

Dunno. Not much you can do re: access to the place as it’s just one road in and out. Think they had parking setup before you come into the town, but it was nice walk from their to the viewing area at the other end of town.

Air Malaysia has very sensibly stopped all their flights from flying over Ukraine air space! They have been rerouted them over Syria instead

Something untoward perhaps?

Air Algerie loses contact with plane over Africa

Contact was lost with passenger plane over west Africa

Air Algerie has lost contact with one of its passenger planes shortly after it took off from Burkina Faso en route to Algiers.

A company source said the missing aircraft had around 116 people of various nationalities on board.

There were likely many French passengers on the flight, France’s transport minister said.

“There were likely French people on board, and if there were French people on board there were certainly many of them,” Frederic Cuvillier told reporters.

The company source said contact with the flight was lost while it was still in Malian airspace approaching the border with Algeria.

“The plane was not far from the Algerian frontier when the crew was asked to make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route,” the source said.

The airline announced that the plane had gone missing in a brief statement carried by national news agency APS.

“Air navigation services have lost contact with an Air Algerie plane Thursday flying from Ouagadougou to Algiers, 50 minutes after takeoff,” the statement said.

The plane was carrying 110 passengers and six crew members.

The airline said the company had initiated an “emergency plan” in the search for flight AH5017.

The plane flies the four-hour passenger route four times a week.

There are conflicting reports on the make of the aircraft with a company source saying it is a DC-9, but an Algerian official has said it is an Airbus A320.

Authorities in Burkina Faso have set up a crisis unit in Ouagadougou airport to provide information to families of people on the flight.

A diplomat in the Malian capital Bamako said that the north of the country, which lies on the plane’s likely flight path, was struck by a powerful sandstorm overnight.

Head of Mali’s National Civil Aviation Agency, Issa Saly Maiga said that a search was under way for the missing flight.

“We do not know if the plane is in Malian territory,” he told Reuters news agency.

“Aviation authorities are mobilised in all the countries concerned - Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Algeria and even Spain,” he said.

One of Algeria’s worst air disasters happened in February this year, when a military aircraft carrying 78 people crashed in the mountainous northeast, killing more than 70 people.

Tamanrasset in the deep south was the site of the country’s worst ever civilian air disaster, in March 2003.

In that accident, all but one of 103 people on board were killed when an Air Algerie passenger plane crashed on takeoff after one of its engines caught fire.

The sole survivor, a young Algerian soldier, was critically injured.

Another plane missing, Algerian.

Missing flight AH5017 from Burkina Faso to Algiers has crashed, Algerian aviation official tells Reuters

It seems this plane crashed.

Another one yesterday in Taiwan. Bad few weeks for flying. Other than the obvious Ukrainian issue, is there more crashes or more reporting? Or % the same just more flying? Or more dodgy airlines?
Any aviation experts here?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 989027, member: 273”]
Any aviation experts here?[/QUOTE]

No

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 989027, member: 273”]It seems this plane crashed.

Another one yesterday in Taiwan. Bad few weeks for flying. Other than the obvious Ukrainian issue, is there more crashes or more reporting? Or % the same just more flying? Or more dodgy airlines?
Any aviation experts here?[/QUOTE]

yes, anyone from Fingal is by birth an aviation expert

Id consider myself an expert in the following
Rabbits
Aviation
Football(League & Soccer)
Russia

You’d want to be off your rocker to consider voluntarily getting into an airplane at the moment. Something very sinister and untoward going on in the skies.

Why the change in avatar mate?

I was fucking sick of you copying mine.