Aviation Thread

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 989068, member: 80”]yes, anyone from Fingal is by birth an aviation expert

Id consider myself an expert in the following
Rabbits
Aviation
Football(League & Soccer)
Russia[/QUOTE]
Didn’t you call yourself an aeronautical expert initially? What’s the difference between aeronauticism (or aeronautics) and aviation?

:eek:

slightly different from the analysis and advice you gave to me a few short months ago

“You’ll be fine. Better chance of getting hit by lightning. If i were in your shoes i’d be concerned too flying with them, i’d recommend getting utterly shit faced drunk before and during the flight.”

slightly different from the analysis and advice you gave to me a few short months ago

“You’ll be fine. Better chance of getting hit by lightning. If i were in your shoes i’d be concerned too flying with them, i’d recommend getting utterly shit faced drunk before and during the flight.”[/QUOTE]

@Tess Tickle is not to be trusted

Its an image thing.

Flew into Heathrow Terminal 2 for the first time with our national carrier yesterday. What a beautiful experience compared to the old slog that was Terminal 1. Off the plane a quick jaunt and you are in arrivals. No passport control on the Uk side. Didn’t use public transport so I can’t comment on connections.

what type of plane did you fly on

Airbus A319

this article about the air france crash is horrible

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2…ght-447-crash#

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1030710, member: 80”]this article about the air france crash is horrible

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2…ght-447-crash#[/QUOTE]
fascinating and scary stuff

I knew a friend of one of the Irish girls who died in the crash. Very tough on families speculating as to what their final moments were.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1030730, member: 2272”]fascinating and scary stuff

I knew a friend of one of the Irish girls who died in the crash. Very tough on families speculating as to what their final moments were.[/QUOTE]

id say it was horrible as it was just a massive drop at horrible speed

Would they have been conscious?

id say it would have been really fast but they were flying & then they just dropped

it was some fuck up by the pilots if you read that article

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1030746, member: 80”]id say it would have been really fast but they were flying & then they just dropped

it was some fuck up by the pilots if you read that article[/QUOTE]

:eek:

That was gripping stuff.

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1030746, member: 80”]id say it would have been really fast but they were flying & then they just dropped

it was some fuck up by the pilots if you read that article[/QUOTE]

This is a documentary on it, its good, frightening though, total Pilot fuck up.

ill never fly air france thats for sure

The article gives a lot of insight into the relationship between pilots as they go about their daily work. Talk about fucking about…

They are just the same as us. I mean ordinary people. Not “us” ie you and me as such.

that movie with Denzel Washington “Flight” is a good one

starting pay for a pilot in a major US airline is under €30,000
regional airlines start at about €15,000

This is doing the rounds this morning. A plane crash in Taiwan.

@Rocko - posting vines doesn’t seem to work anymore.