Bad things about getting old

Albeit better than the alternative.

1. Can’t look forward to seven or eight pints on a special occasion as the collateral damage is just too great.
5 Likes

Especially with young kids to mind the next day.

Forgetting that there are other threads like this already.

1 Like

Not quite the same, but point taken. TBH, minding the kids is irrelevant. Wtf can we not drink six or eight pints and be grand the next day like we used to?
Needing a piss in the night is hateful as well.

1 Like

It’ll be four pints before you know it.

Unless you drink a fuckload of water at the same time you’re on a hiding to nothing.

1 Like

Did a lads weekend away this past weekend. I’m in absolute bits after it. Two nights in a row, I’m looking at at least four days recovery time.

I went to the Canaries in 2002 and drank 7 nights in a row - why the fuck can’t I manage even two now without absolutely dying? Must be a scientific answer? My body has hardly changed that much has it?

Its shocking. I need loads of sleep and a valum to sort the rattles these days. Remember times I could get 2 hrs kip and go and do a days work although hungover id easily get through it.

These lads on here going on the beer for the day at the soccerball, all excited.
I’d have to stick to lunch and coffee and one or two pints or I’d sleep through any game and get a hangover on the bus home. :worried:

I’ve a stag in Westport this weekend and I’m dreading it and the aftermath

Head off up croker on your own one afternoon. It’ll burn off some drink, and clear the head and put you in the line for a good feed to soak the porter.

Watching all the youngsters in work heading out for the weekend starting on a Thursday and overhearing their stories in the canteen at lunchtime the following monday.

The particularly galling part is when they lower their voices as you enter the room because you’re too old to understand.

5 Likes

Unfortunately not an option, we’re going surfing then drinking.

Next day I have a lift home but I’m thinking train may be preferable as I don’t think my mate would appreciate me blowing chunks in his beloved beemer

FFS

6 Likes

I didn’t organise the fucking stag

Remember when I came back from Gernany in the mud ninties. Got a job in Dublin and used to come home home at the weekend. Sister had moved out as well. Both parents were in their mid forties. Couldnt understand for the life of me why they werent living it up. Now when it get home on a Friday, the last fucking thing I want to do is head out. Usually in bed earlier on a Friday now than any other day.
Need two days for weddings. Cant handle it anymore

1 Like

Be your own man Art.

Start tippin away with a few cans every night from now until Friday, building up to five on Thursday night. Only way to climatise the body for these weekends.

1 Like

Are ye going kajaking at the reception?

2 Likes

Is the only problem ye have with growing old the fact that ye can’t hold your drink?

1 Like

Its cuntish. I did 17 nights solid in Cuba in 2006… Any more than 6 pints now and you’ll see me whining like a little bitch the next day.

2 Likes