Bandage

If you get a quiet bar in a hotel you’ll often get a child happy to sleep in the bassinet / buggy though. You don’t always have to head to the room at their bedtime

Ah come off it.

I don’t mind taking a bottle of wine up to the room so I can lie on the bed and browse TFK.

2 Likes

Fixed that there for you now

2 Likes

First child Fran, it’s a rite of passage.

basically the internet nazis on here are forcing the forum in this direction:

1. the giving out of likes and faux condoleces for those who have family or friends stricken with cancer,
  2. the documentation of suicide in ireland- again likes and condoleces given ad infinitum
  3. weak and harmless GAA and / or horse racing discussion with very poorly written posts

now i have no issues with items 1 or 2 and they are most worthwhile topics ( even if i do not contribute myself for various reasons), i understand lads reasons for posting and only good can come from the discussion i am sure. fair play to all involved BTW

However - this is the way it has gone - lads are afraid to take risks now as you say or even have a bit of craic as it seems a large percentage of the forum are transcending their E relationships into real life and are actually offline friends . or at least they think they are anyway
people are scared shit of consequences also- fuck it we had murderous fun on here 2009-2011. me , you, puke, kev, runt. , tipptops, sledgehammer , @Bandage and that post he had that he deleted about incarcerating young offenders with convicted Paedophiles so as to scare them, he took it down tho - the famous gay sportspeople thread, the threats of violence, lads sending letters to my parents, kev getting calls , letters in the echo, Kevs truck getted robbed, heady days
ah its all gone now, you say a fella is gay you can end up in court, people just take life too seriously now,
we didnt you see - jacob rhys mogg was right , this generation actually think twitter matters, and they personalise it- its the same here now today- its not fun

also the standard of posting has dropped - dunph, tassotti, HBV were men for yarns, artisans of the internet - all we have now are one line warriors, much to the detriment of our fine forum

4 Likes

Some of the greatest posts in the history of the INTERNET have been one liners.

It’s the way ya tell 'em.

True that

i apologise for omitting yourself BTW
yes, you are correct and you certainly have that- its been beaten out of us tho, flogged to death we are

i mean @Sidney where is the internet going?
you had a smashing post one day that stuck with me for a while as to how it will all end on here, it was along the lines of all that will remain of the forum will be @glasagusban all on his own in a room typing frenetically replying to himself in his own safe space…
can you dig it out?

The risk was always that TFK would become a reflection of broader society, as if we need more social media reflections of society.

Sadly that day is upon us.

I have no recollection of such a post and I’d never throw my good friend @glasagusban under a bus in such a manner.

Please provide certain keywords or tags which would make the search for such a post easier.

@Tassotti
are you back in the UK pal?
their must be a fierce sense of lonliness the first week back after Christmas id say,
would you drink thru it?

ive been looking for it, it was c.2016 from what i remember

Enjoy the break @Bandage, who the fuck leaves a six month old with relatives :confused:

1 Like

Not South Circular Road Superdad anyway.

15 Likes

You’ll never understand

:cry::cry:

1 Like

You wouldn’t have done it to Bobby ffs

Loads of people do ffs

2 Likes