Banks & Employee Stress issues

If it’s working.

yep, theres no way now that @gilgamboa could plant seed capital in the vault.

3 Likes

I must be lucky so! Never had an issue

That never happened

2 Likes

Calling @Bandage

Hello @Bandage

I used to work in Bank of Oireland. My former colleagues in the main despise the English CEO lass (turning down chaps for promotion on basis of gender equality/balance, moving people from existing roles to shittier ones elsewhere in the network, freezing salaries but not having enough support staff to do the irksome admin work, having a random redundancy programme where many are dying to get it but those turned down resent being left with more unpaid overtime work to cover those that have been paid off). Aside from that, morale appears to be quite high.

That said, they’re still liking, commenting and sharing her LinkedIn updates. Presume she just wants to cut costs, get some kudos from “the market” and fuck off back to the UK in a year or two.

1 Like

Pm me

Think she wants to cut headcount by 20%

You’d barely need to interact with an actual person for your banking needs these days.

Most humans aren’t really wired for the sheer amount of bullshit admin paperwork spreadsheet powerpoint bulletpoint checking wank that goes into “work” these days. There’s trouble ahead.

1 Like

I heard she is culling the middle management school tie brigade in there? Anyone I have spoke to haven’t a good word to say about BOI. The move to cabinteely with staff stuck on the M50 for 2 hours each day hasn’t gone down well, the only ones liking it are those that live around Wicklow/South County Dublin and another 200 plus workers to go out there, in what I believe are already cramped conditions out there with barely any room in the building for more people, lack of car park spaces, small shitty canteen and very little in the area also. Add in the fact that the residents in the area are not happy with the bank either and their plans considering staff are now parking out on the roads.

there was a chap in ACC back in the day who spent 2 years harassing me in respect of a loan i had taken out to develop a property in a city centre and needed a bit of space to work through. he was a very very strange individual and he had a serious mental breakdown before it was resolved and thankfully disappeared off of the scene.
the same chap now QFA and ‘Professional Banker’ appeared right in front of me last year when i was in AIB to meet the business manager.

5 Likes

I’d speculate that professions with better pay and conditions see higher absenteeism due to stress.

Probation is the single best weapon you have managing people. If you let them through it and they’re useless then you’re fucked.

4 Likes

Hume House

Banks want as many people to quit / leave as possible. Unless you are in a good sales role then they will be angling to get you out. BOI HQ in limerick now only has one teller on duty. Previously there would have been up to 8.

1 Like

Don’t know where they are coming from, all I know is that another 200 will be sentenced to go out there. God love the poor fuckers working out there. I am surprised the residents haven’t been going to town on the Bank and making things really awkward for them in Cabinteely.

people can change their tunes after a probationary period. Model employee for 6 months and then bam. Sick leave

3 Likes

Don’t they also have some huge IT change going on in there as well? Their systems were years out of date apparently.

That’s what The Phoenix suggested. All stacks up- cut FTE, make some nice noises on equality etc. It’s shame what happened to Bank of Scotland as Ireland desperately needs more competition in the banking sector, though US banks are just as poor really.