Banks & Employee Stress issues

Sorry for the long post guys.

I just want to give you a flavour of the state of our pillar banks.

cc @carryharry.

2 Likes

Christ, what a corporate lickspittle

7 Likes

I was involved in a migration from an AS400 system in the last few years (not banking). You would have single characters buried in 10 or 20 character fields all over the system that were important flags. They had, of course, all these background tasks and integrations that nobody knew anything about any more, which kept the whole show afloat. And then there were these key combinations that the experienced users knew by heart from decades of institutionalisation, which they could flash through in an instant, while the flashy software being migrated to circled after each click. It was, in short, a fun project.

1 Like

We had some crap a couple of years ago in trying to get my dad’s company accounts signed off. There was some old dormant account with a couple of euro in it that needed confirmation but the bank wouldn’t release it to the auditors. Auditors were told that whenever the account was set up someone used an abbreviation instead of the full name so their mandate letter wasn’t valid. Some entry level employee probably read the riot act over Data Protection by their manager then trying to charge extra money for additional mandates. Any integrated system should have the client/company bank accounts all in sync.

Complete waste of everyone’s time and money.

It’s always gutting on TFK when you share something about your life outside the INTERNET only to be met with a smack down like that.

such is life mate

What would you want a bank for when you can keep all your money in a bet365 account?

2 Likes

well la di fucking la

6 Likes

Cheers bud.

2 Likes

I hope your son brings a bit of perspective into your life, you corporate whore.

1 Like

Looking forward to watching him play Leinster Schools’ Cup rubby in 2036. :rugby_football:

9 Likes

You and Tim Riggins both.

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked, some of the banks didn’t even have a plan in place for when the snow storm hit earlier in the year. One bank was telling its employees they had to come in.

Great post. Very insightful.

I see the new COO of BoI is a lady.

I really felt like I was in the moment with you dealing with some ape who insists your key spreadsheet controls need to be documented in a certain format for the Regulator.

One of our functional depts have a contractor (who has 15 years in AIB) in covering a long term stress leave (a whole other story). The level of ingrained institutionalism in the contractor is staggering. Anyone with director in their business title gets referred to by their title rather than their name when talking about them.

1 Like

Do tell on.

Go hang out the washing.

1 Like

Yup. Sounds like you left out the best part. 15 years leave…paid??

Misting outside, mate.