Barnsley schoolboy makes history

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Both of them were tax collectors.

‘Dinky’ little story - what’s that?[/quote]

In my parlance, dinky means pretty cool. Was he getting bullied for being a tax collector and hid up in a tree or something?

And you found that a ‘pretty cool’ little story?

Yes. When I was about 7 in first class, I would have found the prospect of him taking refuge up a tree quite amusing. I don’t think it’s all that funny now though.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further clarification about my thoughts on the Zacchaeus story.

Regards,
Bandage

[quote=“Bandage”]Yes. When I was about 7 in first class, I would have found the prospect of him taking refuge up a tree quite amusing.
[/quote]

I don’t think he was so much taking refuge but moreso trying to secure a decent vantage to view one of Jesus of Nazareth’s political rallies.

This part is a little bit sketchy for me but I think Jesus invited him down from the tree to join in the fun and games. He may also have absolved the tax collecting cunt of his sins

Bandage and the Tax Collector would have been of a similar build from what I remember seeing in my primary school religion book.

Well, please confirm this for us when you get into school tomorrow.

Zacchaeus (Greek Ζακχαῖος, Hebrew זכי, which means pure [1]) was a superintendent of customs; a chief tax-gatherer (Latin: publicanus) at Jericho (Luke 19:1-10). Because the lucrative production and export of balsam was centered in Jericho, his position carried both importance and wealth[2][3]. Being a short man, he arrived before the crowd who were later to meet with Jesus as he passed through Jericho on his way to Jerusalem. The tax collector climbed up a sycamore fig tree so that he might be able to see him. When Christ reached the spot he looked up into the branches, addressed Zacchaeus by name, and told him to come down. Jesus told the man, who was a hated tax collector, that he intended to visit his house. The crowd was shocked that Christ would sully himself by being a guest of a tax collector.

This led to the remarkable interview recorded by the evangelist, recounting Zacchaeus’ repentance and vow to make restitution for his sins, and leads naturally into the striking parable of the Ten Talents (Luke 19:11-27).

[media=youtube]GsW_m7ogXD0

Well height wise I was right anyway!

Well my story checks out for the most part.