BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Well deserved recognition for Kevin Sinfield. A proper working class hero.

2 Likes

Never heard of him.

Who the fuck is Kevin Sinfield?

I think he’s a cricketer. Or a jockey. Probably a jockey.

I’m loathe to ever say a bad word about Andy Murray, I’m one of his biggest fans, but it would seem that he won it on the back of beating David Goffin in the Davis Cup Final (which is a team event). He wasn’t close to winning any of the four Grand Slams. Team GB Davis Cup team quite rightly team of the year but Tyson Fury was the Sports Personality of the Year.

Rugby league player. Plays for the Leeds Rhinos.

Incorrect, Andy Murray won it

Imagine if Fury had of won.

This event lost all credibility in 2009 when Ryan Giggs was deemed the Sports Personality of the Year.

1 Like

He should have won it. Fury and Andy the only two of the ten nominees who have a personality. In terms of achievement over the year, Fury gets the nod over Andy.

Fury was never going to win it. Thought it was a bit shitty of Lineker to ask him about the bad press he has gotten. He never asked Mo about the drug cheating or Frome about the doping in cycling.

2 Likes

See the state of that Eddie izzard on stage

What about Hamilton as well? Izzard shouldn’t have been let on the stage like that.

Imagine the Fury.

A high class field tonight with no place on the shortlist for the Tour de France winner. There certainly won’t be the mediocrity of a cage fighter with a 66% winning record for the year, winning it.

Would love to see Nick Skelton win it. Nick will probably have to settle for a place on the podium behind the top tennis player in the world though. What an embarrassment of sporting riches.

2 Likes

The Brownlees :wave:

Jamie Vardy, Gareth Bale and Danny Willet are on it. 3 personality vacuums. I haven’t heard of most of the rest of the list but there seems to be a lot of British cyclists on it so they are all juiced to the gills. A shocking list.

Novak Djokovic is Serbian mate

The star player on the English Premier League winning team, a European Cup winner/best player at the European Championships and the US Masters golf champion. A shocking list.

The competition was so hot on the RTE equivalent last night from the likes of Brid Stack, Denise Gaule and the cage fighter, Thomas Barr couldn’t even make the shortlist.

the camaraderie of the brownless