BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Think he is a double or triple olympic champion not sure what class of cycling he does but it is the indoor stuff…He is scottish but I don’t know if he is a Celtic fan or not…

Bobby Charlton got a great reception. Am I imagining it or do himself and Jack not get on the best?

they dont get on - something to do with how one of them treated the ma

I read a few months ago that Hoy was the first Britain to win 3 golds in one Olympic Games. I suppose they had to give it to him seeing as cunts like Greg Rusedski have won it in the past. He’s from Edinburgh - I have no idea if he has an allegiance to any particular football team.

Would regard Robert Millar’s achievements in the Grand Tours as being far far greater than Wiggins’ or Hoy’s but don’t think he ever came close to winning a BBC Sports Personality Of The Year.

It is a joke when you consider the likes of Tony McCoy or Paul Nicholls aren’t even in the mix…

isnt mccoy Irish- why would he be in the mix for some british sports person award?

Northern Irish cornflake…

spoken like a FF republican:rolleyes:

Barry McGuigan is from the 26 counties but that didn’t stop them giving the award to him.

true , thats the bbc for you- my query was more to do with puke getting upset that an irishman didnt win the british sports award

I am not upset by it at all NCC…Tony McCoy is from Antrim in northern ireland which last time I checked is part of the British Isles making him eligable for the award…

My point was more about th way that horse racing is overlooked in Great Britain when it comes to these awards…

I believe Barry Geraghty won the Irish equivalent a few years ago…

I’m not saying anything.

Some cycling team that nobody heard about before or after the Olympics won it all. Its nearly as bad as David Ginola getting player of the year back in 1999.

I’m gutted for you on so many levels Shan.

Ferguson will never talk to the Bbc again after this.

A mate of mine had 50 bob on “any cyclist to win BBC Sports personality” at 40/1, can’t argue with that

And there was no more deserving a winner

Ever

[quote=“Mac”]3. The one with the big nose
2. The coloured car driver

1. The Hoy lad

Team and coach of the year were also bike related.

International went to the fastest man on the planet.[/quote]

I think the rider’s coach David Brailsford, has had the most gold medals won from his stable; ever. Mr Anita Lonsbrough (who was doing the colour commentry for the BBC from the velodrome in Bejing)said, said, very colourfully, that he was never in contention for this award over the years and it was a national disgrace.

Are cyclists housed in stables these days?