Beat The Bookies - International Football Tonight

At the risk of being seen to agree with you Bandage I have to concur with those last two posts, the first one especially.

I know the guy who wrote that article (not very well but I’ve met him a couple of times: wonder if Raven knows him actually?) and it’s the best I’ve seen him write. He had a ridiculous article about Liverpool a while back that he got rightly pilloried for but that’s a very good piece on England.

I saw Sky’s analysis too, hard not to watch that game again straight away, and it was a hell of a lot better. Hoddle isn’t my cup of tea but at least he had the courage to discuss tactics and strategies properly. All Shearer could do at half time was punch the palm of his hand and talk about “fight.”

Yes, myself, Jugs and cesc4 were ripping the pi$$ out of Shearer at half time. They were getting thoroughly outplayed and his proposed solution was for one of the players to ‘kick one of them to get the crowd going again and to give the rest of the team a lift’.

therock67 wrote:

At the risk of being seen to agree with you Bandage I have to concur with those last two posts, the first one especially.

I know the guy who wrote that article (not very well but I’ve met him a couple of times: wonder if Raven knows him actually?) and it’s the best I’ve seen him write. He had a ridiculous article about Liverpool a while back that he got rightly pilloried for but that’s a very good piece on England.

I saw Sky’s analysis too, hard not to watch that game again straight away, and it was a hell of a lot better. Hoddle isn’t my cup of tea but at least he had the courage to discuss tactics and strategies properly. All Shearer could do at half time was punch the palm of his hand and talk about “fight.”

who wrote the article?

Paul Doyle in The Guardian.