Bertie -anti democratic hun

[quote=“therock67”]They say the same about funding for Scotland but the reality is that the North Sea resources are invaluable to England and more than make up for subsidies.

It’s not as obvious in the 6 Counties but there’s been fuck all proper investment there from London - some small cosmetic schemes but essentially after Thatcher destroyed working class communities it’s taken them quite a while to recover. There’s patently no reason why the six counties would be any less productive than the other 27.[/quote]

Is that some kinda private joke or an error rocko…

I don’t make errors Puke.

thats a very earnest response for a friday night rocko…Presume it is a private joke that has gone over my head so…

It’s not all that private a joke Pukey. Presume you’re just forgetting one of the smaller counties like Carlow or Louth or Fingal or Longford or something.

I see says the blind man…

cant believe pukey forgot about Carlow

no i forgot about leitrim…Although its an easy mistake to make;)

If 51% of the six counties want a united Ireland then they must get it. Otherwise what is the point of the principle of consent, first enshrined in the Anglo Irish Agreement and copperfastened in the Good Friday Agreement. Why should the 51% be ignored yet the 55% unionist majority now allow a veto. It is a nonsense argument from Ahern, you are either a democrat or you are not.

It was this logic which gave us the perverse political ‘settlement’ of 1921 that imposed a border based on sectarian lines where none should ever have existed.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]If 51% of the six counties want a united Ireland then they must get it. Otherwise what is the point of the principle of consent, first enshrined in the Anglo Irish Agreement and copperfastened in the Good Friday Agreement. Why should the 51% be ignored yet the 55% unionist majority now allow a veto. It is a nonsense argument from Ahern, you are either a democrat or you are not.

It was this logic which gave us the perverse political ‘settlement’ of 1921 that imposed a border based on sectarian lines where none should ever have existed.[/quote]

he is turning into media whore at the moment - surely he should be keeping a low profile after fucking up the country & being corrupt

He should be very active, doing his bit for his constituents. He didn’t resign from the Dil, only as Taoiseach. I don’t expect this is the case, however. Could anyone from the area clarify?

Nicely summed up Shannonsider.

[quote=“giuseppe”]He should be very active, doing his bit for his constituents. He didn’t resign from the Dil, only as Taoiseach. I don’t expect this is the case, however. Could anyone from the area clarify?

Nicely summed up Shannonsider.[/quote]

yes, he should be doing his TD job not being a rent a quote quasi tv presenter fuckwit