Bertie - nothing short of a traitor

the man who was the architect of all our financial woes is currently getting a TDs salary & will earn 1.6 million over the next 10 years as his pension for being the taoiseach

whats worse is that him & his cronies that caused this are expecting civil servants on less than 30k a year to take a 7% real pay cut

sickening

Bertie thinks heā€™s a shoe-in to be president aswell, NCC. There are a slew of mugs in this country who would queue up to vote for him aswell. Iā€™ve said it before, thereā€™s a cost for voting for the local cute hoor. When you concentrate on the micro the macro suffers. If you contrast the Shylocks and three card trick merchants we have now with those in the first Dail 90 years ago, you can see why this country has gone down the tubes. We donā€™t have a single statesman in the cabinet.

I remember Diarmuid Ferriter making that point in one of his books, drawing the comparison between that generation and our modern politicians in terms of social conscience. Youā€™d want to have a word with a few of your own neighbours to start with SS, Wille O Dea could take 3 or 4 seats down there if the mood took him.

Willie is not my constituency but from a FF point of view his vote management is a disgrace. Heā€™s too greedy to let anyone else in beside him. When he canvasses he never asks for the No.2 for Peter Power, because Power has intelligence unlike Eddie Wade who got in with Willie before.

I was not a big fan of many aspects of Kevin Oā€™Higginsā€™s make up but a Cumann na nGaedheal party member once handed him a sheet of paper with the ā€˜big benfactorsā€™ who supported the party on it, who hoped he would look favourably on their ideas for protectionism for their industries. As Gene Kerrigan says in his book, This Great Little Nation, Higgins threw it in the fire. He had waded through enough blood (rightly or wrongly) in what he saw as necessary protection for the state only to become a tout for a few sleeveen businessmen. The likes of Ahern would invite them around for dinner to see whether they can do a ā€˜bit of businessā€™.

I know you are on the wind-up a bit, NCC but I donā€™t think itā€™s overstating things to call the actions of many in the Dail these days as treacherous.

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]Willie is not my constituency but from a FF point of view his vote management is a disgrace. Heā€™s too greedy to let anyone else in beside him. When he canvasses he never asks for the No.2 for Peter Power, because Power has intelligence unlike Eddie Wade who got in with Willie before.

I was not a big fan of many aspects of Kevin Oā€™Higginsā€™s make up but a Cumann na nGaedheal party member once handed him a sheet of paper with the ā€˜big benfactorsā€™ who supported the party on it, who hoped he would look favourably on their ideas for protectionism for their industries. As Gene Kerrigan says in his book, This Great Little Nation, Higgins threw it in the fire. He had waded through enough blood (rightly or wrongly) in what he saw as necessary protection for the state only to become a tout for a few sleeveen businessmen. The likes of Ahern would invite them around for dinner to see whether they can do a ā€˜bit of businessā€™.

I know you are on the wind-up a bit, NCC but I donā€™t think itā€™s overstating things to call the actions of many in the Dail these days as treacherous.[/quote]

on the wind up a bit but the actions of bertie & other fuckers have screwed this country up

Bertieā€™ll have a battle to get that nomination SS.

Brian Crowley looks better by the day for that nod.

I see in todays paper a mis print from the Taoiseachs office has resulted in two of lawyers at the Moriarty Tribunal receiving more than 1m in extra pay over the course of the tribunal, with no re-course to claiming back the money.

Tribunal lawyers who were paid an extra 1m due to a typing error wonā€™t have to pay back the extra sum.

The error by the Department of An Taoiseach, which is responsible for the Moriarty Tribunal, resulted in two senior barristers being paid 250 a day more than was intended.

The tribunalā€™s senior counsel, John Coughlan and Jerry Healy, were both paid 2,500 a day, rather than 2,250 a day. The pair were offered the sum in a faxed document containing the wrong figure.

Over the course of the following six years, the mistake added up to around 1m in payments to the two barristers.

The typing error was discovered shortly after a fax was sent to the lawyers agreeing their fee. The clerical error happened in the Department of An Taoiseach, but the Department of Finance sought to fix the mistake.

Advice from the Attorney Generalā€™s office, though, informed them the higher rate would have to apply.

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]the man who was the architect of all our financial woes is currently getting a TDs salary & will earn 1.6 million over the next 10 years as his pension for being the taoiseach

whats worse is that him & his cronies that caused this are expecting civil servants on less than 30k a year to take a 7% real pay cut

sickening[/quote]

Over the next few months, the ICTU and others ought to picket any of this sleeveenā€™s public speaking gigs where he pockets a few grand per appearance.

The students in Galway had the right idea, but went about it in the wrong way and ceded the higher moral plane to the Rat In The Anorak.

Bertie also said that he would have happily burned down the British Embassy after Bloody Sunday.

Bertie also said that he liked Ian Paisley.

Traitor indeed.

He also faked tears about his separation in order to get himself out of stuck for getting dodgy payments.

The man is a fraud.

I reckon Bertie is secretly in the Knights of Columbanus or something the way he cut the deal with these crooks.

This old fella is really handing Dempsey his arse to him. Well done that man.