Best Laptop for family GSH

Google do a free anti virus, avg.com, fucking business imo.

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]I bought a netbook there a couple of months ago after CLD broke my last laptop, didnā€™t have mircosoft works but I down loaded this and it works a charm

http://www.openoffice.org/

I have this for the free anti vius http://free.avg.com/ww-en/homepage , although I am told it can be a bit of a resource hog and there are better ones out there but it has worked grand for me so far[/QUOTE]

Puke knows the score here, both are the business.

What do lads make of the Dell Latitude e6410, got one of these today looks a serious machine

I thought you were leaving the country?

why would i leave, i have only just arrived

Where are you mate, England? Is it England? You can tell me.

same place i was earlier in the year if you can recall

He is after shacking up with a girl in big ball land (Quilty) his family are very upset about it I hear

Nice machine alright. I have a few of a similar enough model at work.

serious battery life in them and the little cursor in the middle of the keyboard is a super addition

14 guests reading this thread right now. :blink:

Fourteen.

The US of A.

The OP does realise that if you keep the laptop plugged into the mains all the time you will destroy the battery?

found a small chink it this mighty mighty machines armour, has a habit of freezing when starting up on occasion, have to start it in safe mode and restart it againā€¦seems to be commonplace with them

[color="#8B0000"]>>> Apart from the time when GSH is in Xbox land while Mrs. GSH watches chick programmes or other stuff that GSH would rather notā€¦ :wink:

[color="#0000FF"]>>> And GSH is known for not getting the mobile technology bit. Iā€™ve heard that his mobile phone can usually be found on his desk, along with his desk phone, even when he is gone walkabout.

any opinions on ipads folks?

They are a very nice gadget and definitely has it uses but it wouldnā€™t really be a laptop replacement.

I refuse to be ensnared by any part of the iPanoply.

Itā€™s an interesting gadget but not worth the premium you pay for the iName. There are just as good, and better in some aspects, products for less. This applies to all of the Apple stable. Give me a good Android over an iPhone. And there are legions of perfectly good MP3 players.

The thing is, that people with iPhones usually have iPods (even though the former makes the latter pointless) and will probably get an iPad. Itā€™s more of a tech-fashion statement thing and if youā€™re into it then fine but acknowledge it for what it is.

I work with both Android and iphones a fair bit and I have to say I find the iphone a much better phone for people in terms of connectivity and ease of usage. The ipod/tunes thing is a pile of shit though and as you said there are probably better options for tablets out there.
The Samsung Galaxy Tablet is a nice machine but they really missed a trick with the pricing.

Not doubting the capability of the iPhone Runt, just suggesting itā€™s not worth the premium and that youā€™ll get a decent Android a lot cheaper.