Best Song Ever Heat 13

Pick one

Two of my favourites here with Shine On and Strawberry Fields. I’ll plump for the Beatles though.

Bill Hughes nominated REM’s - Losing My Religion as his song of the 90’s yesterday on The Right Hook.

Forgotten how much I loved it. Remember buying clothes for my confirmation in Galway and it was all over the radio at the time. To this day I never really understood or indeed bothered to research the lyrics.

Seemingly losing my religion is a term in the deep south for being at the end of your tether.

The mandolin riff in the background really sticks in the brain.

Johnny Cash-Hurt

REM - Fall On Me.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 776148, member: 686”]Bill Hughes nominated REM’s - Losing My Religion as his song of the 90’s yesterday on The Right Hook.

Forgotten how much I loved it. Remember buying clothes for my confirmation in Galway and it was all over the radio at the time. To this day I never really understood or indeed bothered to research the lyrics.

Seemingly losing my religion is a term in the deep south for being at the end of your tether.

The mandolin riff in the background really sticks in the brain.[/quote]

As a REM fan, I never took much to Losing My Religion. I find it a bit bland and middle of the road, overly radio friendly and structurally all over the place.

I’m pretty sure LMR is considered garbage by most music experts.

Sure if its popular it can’t be good.

Popular?

No one under the age of 40 even know who R.E.M. are.

[quote=“Turenne, post: 777576, member: 232”]Popular?

No one under the age of 40 even know who R.E.M. are.[/quote]

I do

:rolleyes:

[quote=“Turenne, post: 777576, member: 232”]

What are you on about you fucking retard?

That’s ridiculous.

Very poor.

(a) Losing My Religion is a cringy painful dirge that isn’t even close to being one of REM’s best songs, and (b) popularity hasn’t anything to do with my dislike for it because REM haven’t been popular for fifteen plus years.

Fairly straightforward.