Betting on Club Games

How were Loughiel underrated? I had them backed and told the forum to back them at 25/1.

I didn’t hear of the bookies getting cleaned out with local knowledge in either town? A man and his dog may have had a fiver on at the start of the year.

A completely different scenario.

If you want to put down 2 grand then you have to burn diesel

Heard of a good few quid sloshing around on Loughgiel up the north, before their AI semi final and final and yes while you are right that the bookies weren’t cleaned out in either of the towns, anyone who would follow the club championships can make a good few bob out of it as they would see that most of the provincial and All Ireland games in club hurling have been very evenly matched over the past 5 years and putting a few quid on the underdog is well worth the punt in a 2 horse race.

Well before their All Ireland Semi final nobody was giving them any credence outside of a fairly select few and in the bookies eyes tradition counts for a lot in hurling so, your 25/1 tip was a very valid one Dunph but, very few had your foresight hence the outlandish odds.

But by how much Kev?
the lads in cashmans are smart enough with the local scene at home and if a few lads walk in to maylor street throwing a wedge on nemo they adjust pretty quick , the bigger firms like powers would be closley watching local firms like cashmans to pricing these games and i know for a fact that any 2 big bets ( >500 euro) on such an outcome would trigger an alarm somewhere

SLR- you’re an innocent fool of a man and this thread is pointless, of course peopleand players bet on club games, its like asking do people bet on the 1-24 PM at romford tomorrow thats an A9 with a prize value of 150 quid compared to the derby in shelbourne a few weeks back,of course if a few lads throw a grand on trap 4 at 7-2 in such a race on a monday afternoon it’ll trigger an alarm and the price will be slashed pretty quick…

No wonder Limerick is full of simpletons if the likes of you are paid money to teach in a school down there.

FFS, who or what is posting this insightful theory ?

i just read somewhere today that Dominic Matteo who used to play for Leeds and Murderpool once thew 100k on a horse in a Class 4 at even money and it lost, Paul Merson lost a gaff worth 300k to gambling debts.
When you have guys like this out there punting, some “shrewdie” like SLR shuffling around Limerick city in his dirty old raincoat throwing fivers on Adare at 4-1 really dosent matter a fuck

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 713698”]

For the lads who know how this stuff works, how do the bookies go about pricing these games? Where do they get their information from?[/quote]

As Turenne says they go by last year and reputation but also league results and from what I can see county representation. Eire Og were (until this year) always a good team to bet against, nearly always favs based on Goulding, Sheehan, Dineen and The other lad with 21’s. But they were quite weak everywhere else ad more balanced teams always beat them. Now in Cork the leagues are pretty competitive but still county players play f-all of them now, thus it’s hard to judge and silly by the bookies. For instance while in Div 4 last year my own club beat Div 1 team Kiskeam in the championship, and we were not one bit surprised by it. The bookies were though.

A nice few grand mickee. As long as lads do it late and not in same shop then they will be fine. Cashmans have git things awfully wring ad clearly sometimes don’t have the ear to the ground at all. Carrigtohill cost them last year as well.

I approached them a few years ago about doing a deal on the GAA stuff, they considered it, but eventually declined.

I’ve always suspected these stories were bullshit as surely bookies would avoid any kind of big bets in these markets but there might be a lot more cash rolling on club championships than you think. I know a lad who won roughly 10k on his team winning the championship years back. He was taking the frees too so that was fair old
pressure.

I think the likes of cashmans are so used to clubs betting on themselves they seem to ignore alot of biggish bets. Every year a few clubs I know of put 2-5k on themselves.

:lol:
If only life was that simple mate

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 713720”]

If only life was that simple mate[/quote]

Ya, you’d have to wonder how often that would really work out for you.

Put the house on Kilmallock for the Munster club SLR.

I would have a look at it. However the draw could have been kinder to you, home to Tipp in 1/4, and away to Cork in semi.
I dont see prices up on PP yet.

one of my mates paid 200 euro to the goalkeeper for a large north dublin gga club to throw a big championship game

his team lost 4-7 to 1-14 :lol: :lol:

my mate cleaned up

Paddy Power took bets one day in Portlaoise for a local Cship game tha had taken place 5 hours earlier, the game throw in was changed after going to press. Nice few got on in store and a few online, there was a piece about it in the local press iirc.

That’s just lovely. Fuck em.