Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

Graham Hunter in La Liga is stronger than SPL revelation. I hate that silly cunt!

5 changes today. McManus is the latest injury and we’re going with the absolute folly of playing Caldwell in midfield again. That means Loovens and O’Dea are paired together for the first time ever and Koki Mizuno makes his first league start:

Team:
Boruc,
Hinkel, Loovens, O’Dea, Naylor,
Nakamura, Caldwell, Brown, Mizuno,
Samaras, McDonald.

Haven’t seen who’s on the bench yet but that’s a risky team selection.

Subs: Brown, Wilson, Crosas, McCourt, Hutchinson, Sheridan, Caddis.

Crosas played for the reserves midweek so he’ll be an option off the bench. Not sure why Paul Hartley’s missing but the injury list now comprises McManus, Maloney, Robson, Hesselink, Donati and possibly Hartley. Falkik will never have a better chance to beat us.

As there is fuck all on the TV I am actualy going to sit down and try and watch a full SPL match…Hope I don’t nod off…

Personally, I couldn’t give a fuck if you nod off or not.

'Mon the Hoops.

Bandage
I see Paddy McCourt is on the bench, do ou think he’ll get a chance to add to his 6 minutes?

WBY

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Bandage
I see Paddy McCourt is on the bench, do ou think he’ll get a chance to add to his 6 minutes?

WBY[/quote]

Not sure if he’ll get on today but he’s always injured and hasn’t had a run of uninterupted training and reserve games to show what he can do.

We need to get Crosas on here. Conditions are a lottery and we’re obviously playing to a direct gameplan but we should try to pass it more.

It’s a bit like Hibs a couple of weeks back - having most of the possession and missing chances but don’t look secure at the back ourselves either.

[quote=“Bandage”]Not sure if he’ll get on today but he’s always injured and hasn’t had a run of uninterupted training and reserve games to show what he can do.

We need to get Crosas on here. Conditions are a lottery and we’re obviously playing to a direct gameplan but we should try to pass it more.

It’s a bit like Hibs a couple of weeks back - having most of the possession and missing chances but don’t look secure at the back ourselves either.[/quote]

is provo pat on yet

cracking stuff by koki

That was a great goal. Who’s your man? First start? The new McGeady?

Quite enjoying this, I think its the first time Iv watched SPL since I was in college. Feels like I know the players from reading tfk even though I could only identify a few of them

[quote=“dancarter”]That was a great goal. Who’s your man? First start? The new McGeady?

Quite enjoying this, I think its the first time Iv watched SPL since I was in college. Feels like I know the players from reading tfk even though I could only identify a few of them[/quote]

mizuno- been there a while but hasnt played much - looked very good today - cracking goal - mcgeady might not be needed for ibrox:D

He plays on the left,
He plays on the right,
That bhoy Mizuno,
Makes the huns look shite.

Ah yes, the fickle nature of football supporters as the away end belted out the McGeady song to Koki after his superb goal.

Darren O’Dea had an excellent second half. So, so, so much better than McManus.

At 1-0, we were careless with our final pass and should have buried them earlier. It was a bit like Aalborg - Caldwell and Brown were bombing into the box and getting caught ahead of the ball regularly and they were having the odd dangerous break and they hit the post.

We pretty much only know one way to play. Koki was excellent on debut but Falkirk are one of the SPL teams who are open and try to play some ball themselves instead of focusing solely on negating Celtic.

In other words, he will get the shit kicked out of him if he plays next week at the shit pit. That said, he’s a brave lad and our side is bereft of pace without McGeady and he provides genuine pace and can play on either side or centrally.

Hoki Koki!

[media=youtube]C-Od96on0qE

Decent performance today I thought.

Sure we looked a bit rocky at times and were never comfortable at the back but individually I thought O’Dea and Hinkel had good games back there. Loovens was shite again. Playing deepest by a couple of yards and trying to play offside before O’Dea bailed him out. Funny seeing Darren bombing forward for 1-2’s even when it was only 1-0. He’s nuts.

Very impressed with McDonald and Mizuno. Mizuno certainly looks like he’s benefited from his time with the reserves, he has lots of pace but he was fairly strong in possession too. Looked like he could cross the ball well and he made some good runs. Very encouraging from him. Delighted McDonald got a goal at the end, his efforts deserved one.

Strachan looks like he injured himself there celebrating.

The hip replacement he had towards the end of the season before last was visibly restricting him there.

Interesting article from Eamonn Sweeney today. A fine journalist. Seems like he copied and pasted some of my recent posts but I will let him away with it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/go-south-young-man-and-escape-footballs-scottish-backwater-1582487.html

[quote=“KIB man”]Interesting article from Eamonn Sweeney today. A fine journalist. Seems like he copied and pasted some of my recent posts but I will let him away with it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/go-south-young-man-and-escape-footballs-scottish-backwater-1582487.html[/quote]

He seems to be arguing that Celtic owe Scottish football nothing and should move to the EPL. However, if they do feel some tugging loyalty from Scotland then they should get around it by playing a reserve team in the SPL while competing in England.

Is he 7 years old or something?

‘Hi Mr Blatter - it’s Peter Lawwell from Celtic here. We’re playing in the EPL next season.’

‘Sure thing Peter - work right away.’

[quote=“Bandage”]He seems to be arguing that Celtic owe Scottish football nothing and should move to the EPL. However, if they do feel some tugging loyalty from Scotland then they should get around it by playing a reserve team in the SPL while competing in England.

‘Hi Mr Blatter - it’s Peter Lawwell from Celtic here. We’re playing in the EPL next season.’

‘Sure thing Peter - work right away.’[/quote]

He’s a Sligo man - probably doesn’t have a thorough understanding of how certain things work. Is usually a decent journo though.

[quote=“Bandage”]He seems to be arguing that Celtic owe Scottish football nothing and should move to the EPL. However, if they do feel some tugging loyalty from Scotland then they should get around it by playing a reserve team in the SPL while competing in England.

‘Sure thing Peter - work right away.’[/quote]

its a bit rich a sligo rovers fan calling the SPL a backwater