'Big Three' to share 9.9million grants

Can’t believe the FAI is getting three million of the taxpayer’s money, the most embarassingly incompetent orgainsation in Irish history. Its as big a waste as this welfare shite we give to the proles.

The Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) and the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) are set for a cash windfall of 9.9million thanks to new sports grants announced earlier today by the government.

Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism Martin Cullen TD, announced granted the money, which will support the work of the major field sports in developing their games around the country.

The GAA is to receive 3.29million, the FAI 3.5million and the IRFU 3.07million.

The funding is to be used to encourage and create more opportunities for young people to participate in field sports with a particular emphasis on working in areas of disadvantage.

Here.

[quote=“Turenne”]Can’t believe the FAI is getting three million of the taxpayer’s money, the most embarassingly incompetent orgainsation in Irish history. Its as big a waste as this welfare shite we give to the proles.

Here.[/QUOTE]

eh, the FAI has the most players so should get more - all the GGA grant will go compensating their victims after the recent ryan report

[quote=“Turenne”]Can’t believe the FAI is getting three million of the taxpayer’s money, the most embarassingly incompetent orgainsation in Irish history. Its as big a waste as this welfare shite we give to the proles.

Here.[/QUOTE]
Suits gotta go first class Turenne. Clubs need to be kept afloat too.

I think you’re mixing up the GAA and the Christian Brothers there buddy.

I have no problem with the Govt pumping money into Sports in Ireland, anything that gets kids out from in front of the fucking telly or XBox is good imo. Too many fat little cunts running around the place nowadays, its sickening to see.

:guns:

Rock, ban this cunt.

dunph - ban this mong

[quote=“myboyblue”]I think you’re mixing up the GAA and the Christian Brothers there buddy.

I have no problem with the Govt pumping money into Sports in Ireland, anything that gets kids out from in front of the fucking telly or XBox is good imo. Too many fat little cunts running around the place nowadays, its sickening to see.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly right, but the money should go to competent financially responsible organisations. As we all know, the FAI can’t organise a match at local level, half of the LOI clubs are in the shit and the quality of Irish underage soccer these days is on par with any old dump in Eastern Europe. Half that 3 mill will go missing and the other half will be wasted.

The money should be given to people who know what they are doing - the IRFU, the GAA, athletics, boxing etc.

[quote=“Turenne”]This is exactly right, but the money should go to competent financially responsible organisations. As we all know, the FAI can’t organise a match at local level, half of the LOI clubs are in the shit and the quality of Irish underage soccer these days is on par with any old dump in Eastern Europe. Half that 3 mill will go missing and the other half will be wasted.

The money should be given to people who know what they are doing - the IRFU, the GAA, athletics, boxing etc.[/QUOTE]

no point giving money to a sport in decline that kids hate playing- the money will either go to bars in clubhouses or compensation claims

:clap: Fantastic stuff.

Why are the facilities for soccer so bad. I mean even the smallest GAA club has a changing room and showers. Having to get togged out behind a bush (or in one instance an abandonded bus which was used as a dressingroom:rolleyes:). Really would turn youngsters off playing soccer.

The GAA took all the grant money

:clap:

The Gaa took all the grant money because they always filled the main criteria in obtaining grants which is that the applying club or organisation must OWN the lands they intend to develop on,this disqualified the majority of Soccer clubs around Ireland from obtaining funding of sny kind.They own nothing.

that is pretty much it in a nutshell

I dont believe the GAA are involved in any compensation cases at present. I think you’re mixing them up with another organisation buddy.

them rugger buggers have enough money as it is

The money will probably be spent on getting the u18 panels of the various clubs a valet on their Mercs - egg chasin cunts

I know Link, I wasn’t going to give NCC the pleasure of saying it though. Also soccer have very few streams of revenue because nobody wants to pay in to watch a soccer match, even at the highest level in Ireland.

Dont know how i missed this,Gaa games are the dominant force in most Counties in ireland buddy and thats a fact,just drive around and compare the facilities,Soccer might be king around your native homeland of Sherrif street and the mansions but nowhere else,and you call me narrow minded…

Ahhhhhh Link, please don’t do this!