Crypto and Trading Thread

I got out 2 weeks ago after cleaning up, when you have lads on the internet giving advice on bitcoin, I immediately thought of the Joe Kennedy anecdote regarding getting stock tips from a shoe shine boy

7 Likes

The very second I read @Horsebox mention bitcoin for the first time I sold up everything

18 Likes

A wise head on such small shoulders.

4 Likes

A long way to go, markets will be back up in the new year and they are already back up 80-90% of today’s losses.

go in low, thats the secret

Buy low sell high, it’s a simple game really

2 Likes

Rallying strongly.

Dead cat bounce

Pump and dump

1 Like

As predicted, the futures shorties will wipe these magic beans out

1 Like

Is it easy dump these?

Say if you had bought 10k worth back about 7/8 years ago, would that have been worth close to 1bn? Would you dump that fairly quickly?

They’ll hit 400k yet if you have the nerve

1 Like

I’m half tempted to chance mining a few myself

1 Like

You could buy the whole of Kinvara. Lord of Kinvara has a nice ring to it

Was thinking about it myself but decided against it when I saw the price of graphics cards because of the Crypto boom. Bit of maintenance involved too. The computer should ideally be on 24/7 if you want any chance of making it profitable. Need to consider the cooling too, the graphics card will be operating at 70+ degrees on full tilt. And of course you have to make sure it’s profitable after electricity costs. Mining difficulty increases as supply of Bitcoin goes down.

You mug. Have you never seen a dead cat bounce? We’re going stratospheric this week.

A pump and dump scenario if the above screenshot is to be believed. Buy a load of Coin X for cheap, get Celebrity Y to promote coin on twitter. Sell coin at higher price :eyes:

These crypto lads have teams of social media guys tweeting etc to get their coin up and flog it to mugs. It’s literally a pyramid scheme for most of them

5 Likes

After the dead cat bounce comes the next leg down, selling underway again. Would stay well away until we find a medium term bottom, but could be a great buying opportunity early in the new year.

When the Winklevoss twins invested their Facebook settlement in Bitcoin, many snickered. Their stockpile is now worth $1.3 billion. https://t.co/n1LsLz2u3x

2 Likes