Blackrock college guyz in Thailand

Schooldays were horrific for a lot of people back then. Sad story.

Seems absolutely amazing to me all the same he sent the kids there… Are they not living in Mayo or somewhere? He went out of his way to send them there in reality

Story is the kids pleaded to go there.

1 Like

Horrific story. Just horrific.

1 Like

I saw that. My kids plead for a lot of things.

Also notable the concussion issues the brother had repeating themselves in caolan

Sad story all round anyway. Would you thino this went on in all the boarding schools back then. Surely would have

That’s very disturbing .

I don’t know to be honest. I didn’t go to a boarding school and nobody I knew did. In town there were boarders in the Ursuline, De La Salle and Newtown and I never heard anything remiss about these places but I didn’t know any of the boarders either.

1 Like

A very brave man who was beating the drum about abuse a long time ago. Hope he has some peace in his life now.

3 Likes

He certainly seems to have. That book he recommended sounds interesting.

Very similar story in the Netflix documentary about the nun who was murdered in Boston, the Keepers I think it is?

Jesus that’s a grim read.

The Sion Hill WhatsApp group for worried partners of ex Rock lads is very weird, if I’ve read that right.

2 Likes

Im guessing Roisin Ingle is hardly chairperson

1 Like

Yeah she definitely wasn’t invited to the group. Something very infantile about the Dublin paid secondary school culture that seems to last for life. Very tragic.

Yeah. She let herself down badly with that article. Hard to understand why the irish times allowed it to go to print.

1 Like