Bledisloe Cup/The Rugby Championship

Saw him play against Great Britain at OT in 1994.

One rugby league team in New Zealand, the Auckland Warriors contributing a handful of players to the New Zealand national rugby league team. Rugby union in New Zealand is under serious threat.

You were wrong jeff, move on.

1 Like

I’m really excited at the prospect of Ireland playing this All Black side. They should provide a real barometer in showing how shit Ireland really are.

1 Like

Yep, and just getting stronger in New Zealand and Connacht. The last two bastions. League is miles better anyway.

1 Like

I see he’s refused to pick Andrew Fifita for the kangaroos after Fifita showed support for a friend who killed a lad with a one punch hit.

It is interesting to see the number of Kiwis playing in the NRL. Many from just Union backgrounds who are lured over the Tasman by cashed up NRL clubs.

Their rugby tradition of both codes there is something else.

Fifita will be playing Union before the next WC

The Warriors have never won the Premiership ffs sake

How is rugby league doing in Wales of late? Are they still contributing players of the calibre of John Bevan, Jonathan Davies, Iestyn Harris and John Deveraux to the Great Britain side these days?

The Great Britain side hasn’t been around in years as far as I know mate, which I’m sure you were aware of?

1 Like

also interesting that in the north island at least both codes have become Maori and islanders games in the main. The pakeha are playing soccer and cricket.

That lazy line has been going around for a long time. Of regular current New Zealand starters Kieran Reid, Sam Whitelock, Sam Cane, Beaudan Barrett, Dane Coles all from the north island and all pakeha.

Aaron Cruden and Israel Dagg north islanders as well, think they might have some Maori blood.

And the Irish fellas were wetting themselves that they got close to SA

1 Like

To think Waterford supporters were wetting themselves after drawing with Kilkenny when you see the hammering Tipperary handed out to Kilkenny in the final.

Kids in the Auckland area have certainly shifted their allegiances, only going on what I’m told here. This after your lame attempt to hook me with the Great Britain team shout, something up your hole pal?

I’d be the first to suggest that Tipp would have beaten us by 20 points if we had got through to the final. KK did us a big favour.

Waterford supporters have every right to celebrate their 9 All Star nominations along with the two individual award nominations for young tyro Austin Ozzie Aussie Gleeson.

That’s news to me about the Great Britain rugby league team. The last time I paid any heed to rugby league was when I was one of the 3,000 odd that attended the Ireland v Aotearoa Maori, World Cup pool game in the soon to be demolished Tolka Park in 2000.

In response to your initial assertion that New Zealand and Connacht are the last bastions of rugby union, you might now answer my question about the current state of rugby league in Wales and whether Wales continues to produce rugby league players of the quality of Jonathan Davies, John Bevan, Iestyn Harris and John Devereux like it did in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s.

I have no idea pal. Im not in much of a position the last while to keep an eye on the super league, and paid it scant regard anyway as its not a patch on the NRL. The only other league worth watching is the kangas v kiwis and of course state of origin. Id be interested in you refuting my assertion that union has been dropping in popularity amongst pakeha in the north island, especially the Auckland area. I think the whole forum is awaiting an answer to that one.