Blow for Limerick GAA

Ollie Moran knocks it on the head

Not really surprising, nearly sure he said at the start of the year ir would be his last…wonder will the likes of Donie, Geary and Foley call it a day with the new helmet rule, although I think that Geary wore one earlier in his career

This was always coming. Went downhill rapidly the past two years.
Yet another great servant of Limerick GAA to retire without an All-Ireland medal.

Sad to see him retire without even a munster medal to show for his efforts. IMO he was the best hurler we had from 1999-2007. Showed great leadership especially when we were struggling. He struggled this year following surgery and its no surprise to see him go. Sadly we don’t look to have anyone of his calibre to replace him.

discarded it during the ennis debacle i believe.

hasn’t been seen in it since

wouldnt call it a blow, he has had his day and good luck to him.

Any young lads impressing in the club championship this year…how is young Dowling going for Na Piarsigh?

breen was the stand out player at the weekend, 2-3 from play, damian reale had to be moved from centre back to shackle him, and even then only slightly more successfully than the rest of the full back line.

the other corner forward (can’t think of his name, i’ll check the program later) hit 1-7 with a few frees thrown in for good measure.

full back for na piarsiagh hurled a lot of ball also.

Expect Kerry to be better than Limerick in Minor hurling next year, thats where Limerick are going.

Ollie is a loss, maybe not on this years form, but he was a very good hurler over a nice period of time. Always liked him as a player, and if Cork had him in the last 8 years we’d have at least one more All-Ireland.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Expect Kerry to be better than Limerick in Minor hurling next year, thats where Limerick are going.

Ollie is a loss, maybe not on this years form, but he was a very good hurler over a nice period of time. Always liked him as a player, and if Cork had him in the last 8 years we’d have at least one more All-Ireland.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Well what are you throwing your eyes to heaven at?

You have exceeded Farmers levels of condensention (don’t think this is a word but it’s apt) with that post.

Stupid suggestion out of Kev…considering that Kerry didn’t compete in munster minor for the past couple of years and more than likely won’t be competing in it next year

It was a post of disapointment Runt. I wish Limerick were better at hurling and there was something coming through, but the word isn’t good. They don’t seem to be making a huge effort either.
Kerry on the other hand have sent 2 U-17 development squads to play in the Cork Premier Minor hurling league, and they are making massive strides, and have improved out of all proportion.

It seems from the outside that Limerick hurling people are more interested in old arguments than looking to the future. They already left one generation go.

I would see Limerick GAA people as the most like Cork GAA people, so i certainly meant no offence.

They will as far as i am aware.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]It was a post of disapointment Runt. I wish Limerick were better at hurling and there was something coming through, but the word isn’t good. They don’t seem to be making a huge effort either.
Kerry on the other hand have sent 2 U-17 development squads to play in the Cork Premier Minor hurling league, and they are making massive strides, and have improved out of all proportion.

It seems from the outside that Limerick hurling people are more interested in old arguments than looking to the future. They already left one generation go.

I would see Limerick GAA people as the most like Cork GAA people, so i certainly meant no offence. [/quote]

Sound

So your going to debate it are ya.:rolleyes:

Why would you wish such a thing?

I was being sarcastic. It may come as a shock but not many GAA people would take being considering “most like Cork people” as a compliment.

What exactly are you basing “They don’t seem to making a huge effort either”.

There is massive work to be done in Limerick GAA, no one is denying that. We are currently in the first year of a new development structure, that while I’m not 100% supportive of, at least it is attempt to address the deficencies that exist.

In recent years they have got the likes of Eamonn Cregan and Shane Fitzgibbon in working at U/14 level and are starting from the bottom off. They have changed the structures of all under age competitions around the county and while it is probably going to be 2 or 3 years before any real signs of progress are made it’s wrong to say these issues aren’t being addressed.

To be honest I don’t see the relevance of a Kerry development team being sent to play in the Cork Minor league to Limerick hurling.

So we might have more than 1 or 2 decent hurling matches a year at Senior level.